Looks like O’Reilly just shipped the 2nd edition of the awesome Programming Jakarta Struts book written by Chuck Cavaness. I loved the 1st edition and blogged about it last year when I taught my last Struts class.
According to the press release, this second edition contains:
- An overview of the concepts involved in writing web applications
- Installation, setup, and configuration instructions for getting Struts up and running
- A thorough discussion of how Struts implements MVC or the Model 2 approach.
- Logging, validation, and exception handling
- Using tiles
- Writing internationalization and localization code
- Practical, real-world best practices for web applications
The new stuff for the 2nd edition includes a complete revamp that makes this book completely up-to-date with Struts 1.1. New material also includes JSTL, JavaServer Faces (JSF) APIs as well as all-new chapters on JSF, JSTL/EL, and security.