- Who Will Tell the People? – New York Times – We need a president who is tough enough to tell the truth to the American people. Any one of the candidates can answer the Red Phone at 3 a.m. in the White House bedroom. I’m voting for the one who can talk straight to the American people on national TV
- The All-White Elephant in the Room – New York Times – Mr. Hagee is not a fringe kook but the pastor of a Texas megachurch. On Feb. 27, he stood with John McCain and endorsed him over the religious conservatives’ favorite, Mike Huckabee, who was then still in the race.
- Headius: The Power of the JVM – The future is definitely looking awesome for dynamic languages on the JVM. And languages like Groovy and JRuby are proving it.
- How Has Functional Programming Influenced Your Coding Style? – Functional programming languages are enjoying a renaissance. Even if not intending to use a functional language for daily work, learning such a language can improve one's programming style
- Sleep deprivation is not a badge of honor – (37signals) – Forgoing sleep is like borrowing from a loan shark. Sure you get that extra hours right now to cover for your overly-optimistic estimation, but at what price? The shark will be back and if you can’t pay, he’ll break your creativity, morale, and good-m
- Java Persistence 2.0 Early Draft Available – Linda DeMichiel’s Blog – We've just released the Early Draft of the Java Persistence 2.0 specification, so I thought it would be a good time to report on some of the work we've been doing in the JSR 317 Expert Group.
- InfoQ: Flex, AIR and AS3 Flex Gain Code Coverage Utilities – Last month Joe Berkovitz announced the initial experimental release of Flexcover, an open-source code coverage tool suite for Flex, AIR and AS3
- For all you know, it’s just another Java library – David Pollak’s Blog – Bottom line… to anyone other than the folks with hands in the code and the folks who have to recruit and manage them, "For all you know, it's just another Java library."
- Common Solutions for T-SQL Problems – Home – Some of the Moderators, Answerers, and MVPs have gotten together to create a new resource to supplement the Forums; it's called SQLExamples. We just started it a few weeks ago so it's still very much in its infancy