- Mozilla Labs » Blog Archive » Developer Tools and the Open Web – We’re also excited to announce that Dion Almaer and Ben Galbraith, co-founders of Ajaxian, the Ajax Experience, and long-time supporters of the open Web, have joined Moziila full-time to lead this newly formed Developer Tools Lab
- Ext JS – Ext Charting and Mapping with Google Visualizations – Using the GDataTableAdapter to adapt or convert an Ext.data.Store to a google.visualization.DataTable is a good way to allow Ext Developers to use Google Visualizations without worrying about any underlying differences
- Paul Krugman Wins the Nobel Economics Prize – WSJ.com – Princeton economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman won the Nobel economics prize on Monday for his analysis of how economies of scale can affect trade patterns and the location of economic activity.
- Credit crunch glossary | Business | guardian.co.uk – A guide to terms and phrases used in the financial sector
- 13 Training Principles of CSS Everyone Should Know « HMV.co.in – Take a look at some of the following tips used by the CSS experts to ensure your CSS is being written both effectively and efficiently
- Top 100 Best Software Engineering Books, Ever – a knol by Jurgen Appelo – In this post I proudly present the Top 100 of Best Software Engineering Books, Ever. I have created this list using four different criteria: 1) number of Amazon reviews, 2) average Amazon rating, 3) number of Google hits and 4) Jolt awards.
- The Coffee Desk » » Microsoft’s new ‘M’ programming language – The new language is to be a part of Microsoft’s new Oslo development and service-oriented strategy, incorporating features from XAML while being textual and domain-specific. M is to be used directly with 2 other components to be released with M along with Visual Studio 2010: Quadrant, a tool for building models visually, and a repository for storing and viewing models in an SQL database
- codeslower.com: The Haskell Cheatsheet – As I learned Haskell I frequently wanted a quick reference for syntax, keywords and other language elements. The Haskell Report, while very thorough, wasn’t quite it. For that reason I’ve created this cheatsheet. It’s intended for beginning to intermediate Haskell programmers to use as a quick-reference guide for syntax, keywords or other language issues
- Antec Skeleton | Uncrate – This is hardcore. The Antec Skeleton ($TBA) is a futuristic, open-air PC enclosure that keeps your components cool — in more ways than one. Made of 0.8mm cold rolled steel, the Skeleton has a front 92mm fan, a top three speed 250mm fan with multicolor LED customization, layered component trays, rackmount quality side rails, 7 expansion slots, and room for 4 drive bays
- BBC NEWS | Business | Finance crisis: in graphics – It is shaping up to be one of the most tumultuous times on record in the global financial markets
So I was in the Tmobile store and thought of you when I looked at the G1 with Android on it. Their network blows, but seeing Street View on Google maps move with me as I help the phone study and turned my body….priceless geek factor!
@Mark Hense – Hi Mark. I’ve been drooling after the G1 or any Android based phone from the minute I read about it – But no 3G in Milwaukee and their networks sucks as you note. The next software revision for the iPhone (v2.2) is supposed to have Street View in it and so it will be interesting to see if it’s just as good as the Android phone. I cannot wait for another Android based device to show up on another provider with a decent network. Still can’t believe T-Mobile sold 1.5 million phones already. Hope all is well with you.