- Fonera 2.0 Smart Router Connect Devices | Business 2.0 Press – The La Fonera 2.0 is a new smart wireless internet router that will let you connect a plethora of devices to access the internet from the router easily, anything from a printer, to hard drives, laptops, mp3 players, to other USB devices
- The importance of Composition | Code of Doom – In this article, I really want to discuss the importance of composition. I feel as programmers, many of us find inheritance easier and we often use it without thinking about the repercussions it may bring to us.
- Mitchell’s Blog » Blog Archive » The European Commission and Microsoft – Last month the European Commission stated its preliminary conclusion that “Microsoft’s tying of Internet Explorer to the Windows operating system harms competition between web browsers, undermines product innovation and ultimately reduces consumer choice.”
- From Java to Java EE: Seven Principles of Lean Software Development – Lean Software Development has its roots in Toyota Production System and it helps software organizations optimize their processes and production methods in order to deliver their products to the market much faster and with better quality
- Implementing Lean Software Development: From Concept to Cash – Lean Software Development presents a set of thinking tools based on
lean thinking that leaders continue to find useful for understanding agile software development.
- InfoQ: VMware Open Sources the View Client – VMware has open sourced its View Client software which enables connections from Linux clients to remote Windows desktops managed by VMware View. VMware would like to see their partners developing the client for non-x86 devices using operating systems other than Windows XP or Linux.
- Better Null Handling Strategies for Java | Code Monkeyism – Uploaded a presentation on “Better Null Handling Strategies for Java” to SlideShare
- Outside the Box() » Springing Around with ExtJS – To finally scratch that itch, and move further along the Spring amp; ExtJS path, I turned my demo project into a basic template. The zip archive that you can grab at the bottom is a fully-configured Spring web application, including Tiles, Spring Security, Spring MVC, custom JSON view, Transactions and a Datasource.
- Announcing This Year’s IDEAL Plugins! | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – We’re glad to announce the winners of the 3rd JetBrains IDEAL Plugin Contest!
First of all we want to thank everyone who participated for their efforts and, of course, the plugins they have submitted. It was really exciting to examine every last submission. JetBrains staff, and especially the Contest Jury, had many pleasant and memorable moments reviewing and judging them all.
- Announcing the Article Search API – Open Blog – NYTimes.com – The Article Search API is a way to find, discover, explore, have fun and build new things. We’ve accumulated quite a few blocks/articles over the last 28 years — all of them tagged and labeled with loving care. So if you’ve ever wanted to do any of these things: