- Servlet 3.0: A Sneak Preview – Apart from the addition of functionalities such as filters and web application events, the Servlet specification—one of the key Java APIs for web application development—has not undergone any major changes since its introduction. However, the specification has remained robust, and the release of the new Servlet 3.0 specification (JSR 315) will affect a major change in the way developers build Java web applications.
- Service Oriented Architecture Reference Architecture – This document specifies the OASIS Reference Architecture for Service Oriented Architecture. It follows from the concepts and relationships defined in the OASIS Reference Model for Service Oriented Architecture. While it remains abstract in nature, the current document describes one possible template upon which a SOA concrete architecture can be built.
- Will it play in App Engine – Google App Engine for Java | Google Groups – A list of technologies, frameworks, etc that are currently supported under Google AppEngine. JAX-WS is missing and is considered a MUST-HAVE for me.
- wro4j – Web Resource Optimizer for Java – The purpose of wro4j project is to reduce the number of requests needed to load a page and the amount of data to transfer to clients, achieving drastic improvement of loading times. The resources can be benefit also from minification and compression.
- Code, Coffee : weblog, Beta – "’Spring Enterprise Recipes,’ from Apress" – In the large, this book is a gentle, but comprehensive introduction to the best-of-breed solutions for tomorrow's architecture using Spring and other lightweight, powerful tool
- Sandboxie – Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing – Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
- Apple And Android Now Make Up 75 Percent Of U.S. Smartphone Web Traffic – According to AdMob’s October, 2009 mobile metrics report, the iPhone/iPod Touch and Android phones accounted for 75 percent of mobile Web traffic in the U.S
- Schauderhaft » The Software Development is like the Evolution of Life – Software development has been compared to many things. I’d like to propose another comparison: Evolution.
- A Java geek » Thoughts on Java logging and SLF4J – In this post, I will ramble on logging in Java, how it was done in the old days and what can a library like SLF4J can bring
- Building Java Applications with Windows Azure :: Sessions :: Microsoft PDC09 – Come learn how to build large-scale applications in the cloud using Java, taking advantage of new Windows Azure features. This session will cover using Apache Tomcat and Java in Windows Azure.
Daily del.icio.us for November 23rd through November 24th