- Evolutionary Goo » Blog Archive » The Next Big Language: For the Enterprise or the Masses? – Although the JVM and Java has revolutionized software with its ability to run on many operating systems, its dominance is only in large enterprise business software.
- SOA@WORK: IT job trends – Which technologies you should learn next – According to indeed.com you are currently the most valuable IT ressource if you are a Java Developer with Spring and Hibernate knowledge
- ScrumBan? « Tales from a Trading Desk – Lean Software Engineering offer a good overview of how ScrumBan differs from Scrum – essentially improving the speed of time-to-market. Agile Management offers a posting on how to start down the road of Kanban.
- Video: ConfluenceFx – Confluence to Your Desktop – Atlassian News – ConfluenceFx is the first enterprise solution that brings Confluence to your desktop. It enables your teams to collaborate more effectively and keeps all your community up-to-date thanks to its real-time notifications and collaborative user interactions.
- extdirectj-s2-plugin ExtDirect struts 2 plugin – A struts 2 plugin for Ext.Direct that allow you to write Ext.Direct Action using annotation:
- InfoQ: Neo4j: Java-based NoSQL Graph Database – After several years of development, the developers from NeoTechnology have released version 1.0 of Neo4j, a Java-based graph database which follows the property graph datamodel. InfoQ spoke with NeoTechnology COO Peter Neubauer to learn more about the current Neo4j release and what it offers to developers
- Clustering Tomcat | Javalobby – In this article, I will show you how to use Apache/Tomcat in order to set up a load balancer. I know this has been done a zillion time before, but I will use this setup in my next article (teaser, teaser) so at least I will have it documented somewhere.
- Senators Kerry & Lugar Introduce the Startup Visa Act in Washington, DC « More Startups. More Jobs. – The Startup Visa Act proposes legislation to modify the existing EB-5 Visa in order to drive job creation in the US and increase American global competitiveness.
- The Apache Cassandra Project – The Apache Cassandra Project develops a highly scalable second-generation distributed database, bringing together Dynamo's fully distributed design and Bigtable's ColumnFamily-based data model.
- Open Source NoSQL Databases | Javalobby – For almost a year now, the idea of "NoSQL" has been spreading due to the demand for relational database alternatives. Maybe the biggest motivation behind NoSQL is scalability……… Here are some of the better known open source data stores/models labeled as "NoSQL"
Daily del.icio.us for February 23rd through February 27th