- Why Are Finland’s Schools Successful? The country’s achievements in education have other nations doing their homework – Finland has vastly improved in reading, math and science literacy over the past decade in large part because its teachers are trusted to do whatever it takes to turn young lives around.
- Amazon ElastiCache – Memcached in the cloud – Amazon ElastiCache is a web service that makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale an in-memory cache in the cloud
- Daring Fireball: A Simple Explanation for Why HP Abandoned Palm and Is Getting Out of the PC Business – You don’t bring in an enterprise consulting guy to turn around a PC and device maker. You bring in an enterprise consulting guy to turn a PC and device maker into an enterprise consulting company.
- What Does an Architect Do in an Agile Shop? An Agile Architect Explains All… — Application Development Trends – The agile architect is a jack-of-all-trades, doing what is necessary to ensure architectural integrity of the product. Listening, guiding, mentoring and cajoling are all part of the job.
- Getting started with MongoDB and Spring Data | Jeroen Reijn – Getting started with MongoDB and Spring Data
- Daring Fireball Linked List: Mike Arrington’s Taxes Are Too High – It’s easy to understand why the rich tech elite support Democrats on economic issues. They’re smart enough to wish we could return to an economy like we had under Bill Clinton.
- Java development 2.0: Ultra-lightweight Java web services with Gretty – Gretty is one of a new school of ultra-lightweight frameworks made for building web services. Built on top of the blazingly fast Java™ NIO APIs, Gretty leverages Groovy as a domain-specific language for web endpoints and Grape's Maven-style dependency management. In this article, get started with using Gretty to build and deploy Java web service applications.