- Debugger: working with sub-ranges for arrays and lists – I love you IntelliJ IDEA – During debugging IntelliJ IDEA shows only the first 100 elements of arrays and collections. It’s enough in most cases. However, it’s sometimes convenient to use a custom range. Exactly for this the ‘Adjust Range’ action has been available for arrays for quite a long time.
- Oracle to Launch NoSQL Database at OpenWorld | SiliconANGLE – Oracle plans to launch and demo a NoSQL database at Oracle OpenWorld next week along with a Hadoop data builder and in-memory data store.
- After all, it sure looks like the Kindle Fire is about to become the Android tablet. – After all, it sure looks like the Kindle Fire is about to become the Android tablet.
- Amazon Unveils $199 Kindle Fire Tablet – Bloomberg – Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN), the world’s largest online retailer, unveiled its Kindle Fire tablet computer, taking aim at Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s bestselling iPad with a device that’s smaller and less than half the price
- Enhancing iOS Sencha Touch apps with NimbleKit | Learn | Sencha – In this article we discuss a less well-known option called NimbleKit, which, as well as packaging and device API access, also offers a few interesting opportunities to enhance a web application's user interface with native controls
- How Bad Boards Kill Companies: HP | Monday Note – In the end, as some see it, this could be a none-too-subtle power grab by Ray Lane: note the joint signature at the bottom of the memo to the troops: Meg and Ray. As the newly appointed Executive Chairman, he gets to "assist" Meg. Why appoint a CEO who needs such assistance in the first place? And wouldn’t any normal, non-executive Chairman, or any director provide assistance anyway?
- Strata Web Framework – Strata is a fast, streaming web framework for node.js that is patterned after time-honored and battle tested web application design principles pioneered in the Python and Ruby communities (see WSGI and Rack). Using Strata, developers can build highly performant web servers in a powerful, modular style that is easy to maintain and takes full advantage of the streaming capabilities and excellent I/O handling of node.js.
Links for September 21st through September 30th