- Errai is a framework for building GWT applications – JBoss Community – Errai offers a set of components that simplify building rich web applications using The Google Web Toolkit. The framework provides a concise programming model for powerful client-server communication and extension points that bring Java Enterprise standards to GWT clients.
- Errai Developer Blog: Setting the Record Straight on GWT – Since joining the Errai team, I've been telling lots of people about our project. Every time I do this, I find myself dispelling some common misconceptions about what GWT is and how it can be used.
- Canonical dropping CouchDB from Ubuntu One – The H Open Source: News and Features – Canonical is discontinuing its use of CouchDB as part of its Ubuntu One data synchronisation service. The announcement was made by John Lenton, Senior Engineering Manager at Canonical. CouchDB has been used in Ubuntu One to provide a synchronisable way of storing and distributing arbitrary structured data which included contacts, notes and playlists.
- Apache considered harmful – People have a great capacity for change. Those people can and will continue to lead us as our institutions fail and eventually harm us.
- Heroku launches SQL Database-as-a-Service — Cloud Computing News – The new service, aptly called Heroku Postgres, is a commercial version of what Heroku has been providing to its own developers for years, only it’s now available to all developers regardless where they host their applications.
- Video: Introduction to Spring Data Neo4j | SpringSource.org – The Spring Data Neo4j project has evolved to support the Neo4j graph data store within the Spring paradigm. Neo4j expert, Michael Hunger, provides a guided tour of the technology and provides details on how to get started in this Introduction to Spring Data Neo4j.
- simple-spring-memcached – A drop-in library to enable memcached caching in Spring beans via annotations for some simple use cases – Distributed caching can be a big, hairy, intricate, and complex proposition when using it extensively. Simple-Spring-Memcached (SSM) attempts to simplify implementation for several basic use cases. This project enables caching in Spring-managed beans, by using Java 5 Annotations and Spring/AspectJ AOP on top of the spymemcached client.
- Picking the top 10: Technologies vs. trends | Application development – InfoWorld – No one can tell for sure which emerging technologies will have the greatest impact on the enterprise, but we're giving it our best shot
- Google Just Snuck Most of Chrome OS Onto the iPad – The Next Web – With the announcement of its new Search app, Google gave iPad users more than just a slick and well-made native search app that bests the experience on any Android tablet. It also managed to squeeze the core elements of Chrome OS into Apple’s ecosystem.
- Bezos Gone Wild! Amazon Selling Every Non-iPhone Smartphone for One Penny – LAUNCH – – Through next Monday, Amazon is selling all non-iPhones for one penny with a new two-year contract. Smartphones on sale for $0.01 include the Motorola Droid Razr, which Verizon sells for $299 with a two-year contract, the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch, which Spring sells for $199 with a two-year contract, and the BlackBerry Torch 4G, which AT&T sells for $99 with a two-year contract.