- PostgreSQL Hits 9.3, New Levels Of Popularity With The Cool Kids – PostgreSQL has long been a great database, yet strangely ignored. Now it's rising in popularity. Why?
- Amazon Continues Its March Into Enterprise Clouds And Wallets – Amazon, long the belle of the SMB cloud dance, is getting serious about the enterprise and has the tools to win.
- Analysts: Amazon About To Get Serious Competition In The Cloud – Though AWS rules cloud compute workloads today, Google and Microsoft look set to give it serious competition, according to Forrester and Gartner.
- Why we dropped Eclipse in favour of IntelliJ – As a background – all of us in Plumbr have all been using Eclipse for as long as we can possibly remember. But when I just looked around in the office I saw our whole team being converted to IntelliJ IDEA users. So what made us to jump the old free-to-ride warhorse and go with something we need to pay up to $600 per seat? If you bear with me I give you several reasons why you could also consider the move. – See more at: http://plumbr.eu/blog/why-we-dropped-eclipse-in-favour-of-intellij#sthash.S4Wa110I.dpuf
- What’s Coming in Sencha Touch 2.3 – Sencha Touch 2.3 supports Apache Cordova APIs for Accelerometer, Camera, Capture, Compass, Connection, Contacts, Device, Events, File, Geolocation, Globalization, InAppBrowser, Media, Notification, Splashscreen, and Storage
- MVC is dead, it’s time to MOVE on. – To re-iterate: MVC is awesome, but it's designed with decades old technologies. MOVE is just a update to make better use of the new tools we have.
- Real Terminal, All Chrome — No Nonsense – Koding Blog – The app includes a Koding VM, SSH and all of the standard tools such as Vim, Emacs, and Midnight Commander. It also comes with runtimes/compilers for Python, Ruby, Go, Node, Gcc, and many more. The VMs even run an Apache server, accessible from a web address unique to the user’s session. All of this is completely free, no registration needed, and available whenever you need it.
- Sencha and Backend REST Services: How Modus Create Connects an App to DreamFactory | Blog | Sencha – In this post, I'm going to introduce you to how Modus Create connects their corporate address book app, built using Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4, to the DreamFactory open source backend services platform. We call each instance of the DreamFactory platform a