- Hadoop – 100x Faster. How we did it… – After two years of development, tens of thousands of lines of Java, Scala and C++ code, multiple design iterations, several releases and dozens of benchmarks later, we finally built a product that can deliver real-time performance to Hadoop customers with seamless integration and no tedious ETL
- Seven Ways To Use GitHub That Aren’t Coding – Meet the projects that prove GitHub is a collaboration tool for all stripes. – Meet the projects that prove GitHub is a collaboration tool for all stripes. GitHub is so often touted as a tool for coding projects that it’s easy to forget just how useful a resource it is for everything else.
- How to Organize the Big Data Behind the Apps: Video – Bloomberg – New Relic Founder and CEO Lew Cirne discusses the company's app data collection product with Cory Johnson on Bloomberg Television's "Bloomberg West.
- Building the social enterprise | McKinsey & Company – By following a few simple principles, leaders can realize the vast potential of social technologies to engage employees and transform organizations.
- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things. – There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things.
- Frege is a non-strict, pure functional programming language in the spirit of Haskell that compiles to Java & runs in a JVM – Frege is a non-strict, pure functional programming language in the spirit of Haskell. It enjoys a strong static type system with type inference. Higher rank types are supported, though type annotations are required for that.
Frege programs are compiled to
- Red Hat aims for enterprise OpenStack deployment dominance – Red Hat Enterprise Linux integration could ease OpenStack adoption, but complexity and cloud competition stand in the way
- Presto: Interacting with petabytes of data at Facebook – Presto is a distributed SQL query engine optimized for ad-hoc analysis at interactive speed. It supports standard ANSI SQL, including complex queries, aggregations, joins, and window functions.
- Review: Box beats Dropbox – and all the rest – for business – Box trumps Dropbox, Egnyte, Citrix ShareFile, EMC Syncplicity, and OwnCloud with rich mix of file sync, file sharing, user management, deep reporting, and enterprise integration