- Mobile App Tutorial: The Meeting Room Booking App, Part 3 – This is the third part of a mobile web app tutorial where we are building a Meeting Room Booking app that is used to browse an inventory of meeting rooms and reserve rooms for conference calls and other events.
- Snitch – SSL Expiration Monitoring and Alerting. Snitch worries about your SSL certificates so you don’t have to. – Snitch worries about your SSL certificates so you don’t have to.
- Android 4.4 KitKat, the browser and the Chrome WebView #mobile #webapps – Android 4.4 has made a big change in the OS’ internals for HTML5 development: it has replaced its original WebKit-based WebView with modern Chromium. The new Android Browser is also powered by Chromium but it’s not clear yet its future. Besides the good ne
- Red Hat is moving from Linux to OpenStack as its primary breadwinner. – Red Hat CEO announces a shift from client-server to cloud computing | ZDNet
- IntelliJ IDEA 14 Ships Advanced Coding Assistance for Thymeleaf – If you’re using Thymeleaf (the coolest template engine for Java) in your project or just considering giving it a try, you’ll be excited to know that the latest EAP build of the upcoming IntelliJ IDEA 14 brings rich coding assistance for editing Thymeleaf templates.
- Free for students: Professional developer tools from JetBrains – JetBrains Makes its Products Free for Students
- Backblaze Blog » Hard Drive Reliability Update – Sep 2014 – At Backblaze we now have 34,881 drives and store over 100 petabytes of data. We continually track how our disk drives are doing, which ones are reliable, and which ones need to be replaced.
- iOS UI: Choosing between Pickers and Table Views – Pickers and table views are great ways to provide your user with an easier way to enter data in your app – and they allow you to control the input you receive so you get less garbage.
Links for September 23rd through September 27th