- Core Data Cheat Sheet for Swift iOS Developers – This cheat sheet is a handy reference to keep you productive with Core Data and Swift. The code snippets below are here to help jog your memory when it’s been a while since you’ve worked in Core Data. They could also be helpful for newcomers to iOS development, Core Data, and Swift.
- Origami – Design Prototyping app created by Facebook – Origami is a free tool for designing modern user interfaces.
- SwiftMoment – A time and calendar manipulation library for iOS 8+ written in Swift – This framework is inspired by Moment.js. Its objectives are to simplify the manipulation and readability of date and interval values, help when parsing dates from various string representations, simplifying the formatting of date information into strings
- Software Architect – A Role, Not a Job – A product development organizational structure where software architects work on a team separate from the development team can be a recipe for dysfunction, reduced quality, and poor morale.
- LoganSquare – Screaming fast JSON parsing and serialization library for Android – The fastest JSON parsing and serializing library available for Android. Based on Jackson's streaming API, LoganSquare is able to consistently outperform GSON and Jackson's Databind library by 400% or more
- ReactiveCocoa and MVVM, an Introduction #mvc #mvvm #functional – As a whole, iOS developers have come to the conclusion they need to slim down their view controllers, and further separate concerns; but how?
- Fragmented – An Android Developer Podcast – The Fragmented Podcast is a podcast for Android Developers hosted by Donn Felker and Kaushik Gopal. Our goal is to help you become a better Android Developer. We chat about topics such as Testing, Dependency Injection, Android Patterns and Practices, useful libraries and much more
- WebSockets the UNIX way – Full duplex messaging between web browsers and servers – websocketd is the WebSocket daemon and It takes care of handling the WebSocket connections, launching your programs to handle the WebSockets, and passing messages between programs and web-browser. It's like CGI, twenty years later, for WebSockets
- Stetho: A new debugging platform for Android #android #debugging – Facebook is open-sourcing a powerful new debugging platform for Android called Stetho. With it, developers can unlock much richer and more convenient access to data. And the best part: We use Chrome Developer Tools to serve the UI!
- A Clean Cut Guide to Docker for Java Developers – In this post we looked at how to get started with Docker containers to enable a portable development environment for Java projects. This might reduce the install complexity for a new project without sacrificing the goods or performance that your usual envi
Links for February 18th through February 25th