- Why Docker is Not Yet Succeeding Widely in Production – In light of DockerCon 2015’s “Docker in Production” theme I’d like to discuss publicly the challenges Docker has yet to overcome to see wide adoption for the production use case.
- Creating Unique, High Performance Interfaces With UICollectionView, with @neror – Many iOS developers think of UICollectionView as UITableView with a grid. But with a little math and a lot of creativity, UICollectionView can be used to render timelines, charts and graphs, parallax scrolling landscapes and more. Through working examples,
- Cocoa Touch Best Practices – WWDC 2015 – Videos – Apple Developer – Small improvements can make a big impact on your iOS app's performance and launch time. Learn best practices to optimize your UIKit-based applications. See how to future-proof your app for what may be next, and walk through numerous real world examples for
- Swift 2 Introduction: A Beginner’s Guide – Swift 2 was announced at WWDC 2015. Let's take a quick look at the update and see what's new.
- A simple keyframe-based animation framework for iOS, written in Swift. Perfect for scrolling app intros. – RazzleDazzle is a simple AutoLayout-friendly keyframe animation framework for iOS, written in Swift. Perfect for scrolling app intros.
- Wireframing Made Easy with Ext JS Stencils #wireframe #sencha #extjs6 – We’re excited to announce the release of Ext JS Stencils, a complete UI asset kit for Adobe Illustrator. With the recent release of Sencha Ext JS 6, we wanted to include assets that help designers easily mock up applications. Ext JS Stencils contains all of the components and styles used within the Ext JS classic toolkit. Stencils can be used in a product development workflow to help designers communicate with developers and other stakeholders
- Microservices with Spring – example of setting up a microservices system using Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud. – A simple example of setting up a microservices system using Spring, Spring Boot and Spring Cloud.
- SwiftyDropbox, a Swift SDK for integrating with the Dropbox API v2 SDK talk video and sample app – A few weeks ago, I gave a talk at the Twilio Signal conference about our new SwiftyDropbox SDK.
- How iOS 9’s Safari View Controller could completely change your app’s onboarding experience – I’m going to show you how iOS 9's Safari View Controllers might make this way easier, but first let’s take a look at what the current tools by Apple
- Things to Know When Making a Web Application in 2015 – This checklist isn't in any way exhaustive, and if you're an experienced developer I doubt there's anything here that'll surprise you, but I hope it'll prove helpful to those whom might otherwise have missed something.
Links for July 11th through July 28th