- Metrics is a Java library which gives you unparalleled insight into what your code does in production. – Metrics provides a powerful toolkit of ways to measure the behavior of critical components in your production environment.
- Ratpack 1.0 Launches Aiming to make Asynchronous Programming Easier on the JVM – Ratpack 1.0 Launches Aiming to make Asynchronous Programming Easier on the JVM
- Ratpack: Simple, lean & powerful HTTP apps – Ratpack is a set of Java libraries that facilitate fast, efficient, evolvable and well tested HTTP applications.
- A Developer’s Journey into Linux Containers – In this article I am going to cover the concepts behind containerization. I am going to cover how a container differs from a virtual machine. I am going to go into the logic behind containers construction as well as how containers fit into application arch
- Hacking with Swift – learn to code iPhone and iPad apps with free Swift tutorials – Looking for Swift 2 and iOS 9 changes? All these projects are written for Swift 2, so you're good to go. I also wrote two articles that will interest you: What's New in Swift 2 and What's New in iOS 9. You can find all my free iOS 9 tutorials in one place
- Front-End Development Explained for Non-Developers – This plethora of technologies makes it challenging for developers and next to impossible for lay people to follow this field. This post will attempt to explain the landscape of front-end development technologies (as of mid-2015) for a non-developer audienc
- Lemur – Netflix open sources a x.509 certificate orchestration framework – Lemur is a certificate management framework that acts as a broker between certificate authorities and internal deployment and management tools. This allows us to build in defaults and templates for the most common use cases, reduce the need for a developer
- Swift 2 Apps in the App Store – Swift 2 is ready for the world. You can now submit your apps that take advantage of the latest features in Swift 2 that make code more readable and powerful, including guard, the new error handling model, and availability controls.
- Introducing Spring Cloud Data Flow – a cloud native programming model for microservices – Cloud Native composable microservices for ingesting, transforming, storing, and analyzing data. Spring Cloud Data Flow enables developers to build both real-time and batch processing applications using the same simple-yet-powerful model as their Spring Boo
- Introducing Peace, my privacy-focused iOS 9 ad blocker by @marcoarment – Today, I’m launching my own iOS 9 content blocker, called Peace, to bring peace, quiet, privacy, and — as a nice side benefit — ludicrous speed to iOS web browsing.
Links for September 17th through September 26th