- SymphonyOS – A lightweight Linux distribution featuring the innovative Mezzo Desktop Environment. – A lightweight Linux distribution featuring the innovative Mezzo Desktop Environment.
- Apollo – A library for writing services that focuses on composability and simplicity, with high performance using modern java idioms & features – Apollo is a set of Java libraries that we use at Spotify when writing micro-services. Apollo includes features such as an HTTP server and a URI routing system, making it trivial to implement RESTful services.
- Digital Currency CEO Barry Silbert on how the rise of Bitcoin is impacting financial services – Digital Currency CEO Barry Silbert on how the rise of Bitcoin is impacting financial services
- The Bash Guide – an introduction to basic and advanced concepts of the bash shell. – This guide is an introduction to basic and advanced concepts of the bash shell. It teaches both newcomers and long-time users the best, safest and most robust ways of writing powerful bash scripts as well as making efficient and speedy interactive use of the shell
- The Twelve Days of Lambda – Here are some ideas to use your end of year or holiday downtime to explore serverless cloud computing with AWS Lambda instead. Each one comes with a blueprint to help you get started quickly. Enjoy!
- Maven vs Gradle – One Year Later – Hear from one developer who chose Gradle, but still claims it's not an easy decision between the two
- The next generation of managed MySQL offerings on Cloud SQL – Cloud SQL Second Generation makes what customers love about Cloud SQL First Generation faster and more scalable, at a better price per performance.
- Red Hat pursues Java-Node.js connection #nodejs #java – Red Hat envisions a world in which the two environments co-exist, and the company wants to drive the integration
- SnapKit – an Auto Layout DSL for iOS and OSX – SnapKit is a DSL to make Auto Layout easy on both iOS and OS X.
- Top 10 iOS Swift libraries every iOS developer should know about – To make the transition easier for you and save you the time you would spend writing certain components for your app, here are 10 libraries that we think every iOS developer should know about!
Links for December 10th through December 16th