- howdoi – a code search tool – Are you a hack programmer? Do you find yourself constantly Googling for how to do basic programming tasks?
- Clipped | Summarize Anything – Clipped’s patent pending algorithm turns articles and documents into bullet point summaries. – Clipped's patent pending algorithm turns articles and documents into bullet point summaries.
- accept4j – Business-friendly acceptance testing – accept4j bridges the gap between automated tests and business requirements in Java applications, by providing an automatically-generated, easy-to-read report identifying which requirements are tested, and which are not.
- Escape From Amazon: Tips/Techniques for Reducing AWS Dependencies – Soam Acharya presents a case study of a business which relied heavily on AWS and had to reduce its dependencies on it, including tips for avoiding cloud lock-in.
- Christophe Coenraets | Tutorial: Developing a PhoneGap Application – In this tutorial, you create a fully functional employee directory application with PhoneGap. You will learn
- PhoneGap and PhoneGap Build in 5 Minutes | Christophe Coenraets – During the last couple of months, I have been on the road presenting our new HTML tools as part of the Create the Web tour with many other members of the team.
- My favorite technology bits of 2012 — Tech Talk — Medium – As I’ve grown older I’ve realized the only thing that excites me about technology these days are things that save me lots of frustration and time, and improve my life in some measurable way.
- Books to become a better Rubyist, including OOP and FP titles. Compiled by a Rubyist of 7 years. – Books to become a better Rubyist, including OOP and FP titles. Compiled by a Rubyist of 7 years.
- 5 Reasons to be excited about Java in 2013 – With 2012 done and dusted, it’s time to look forward to the coming 12 months for the development world. Over the past few days, we’ve asked some respected developers for their predictions – now it’s time for our own
- Junior – A front-end framework for building HTML5 mobile apps with a native look and feel. – A front-end framework for building HTML5 mobile apps with a native look and feel.
- Cross-Platform Mobile Apps with PhoneGap – Christophe Coenraets compares hybrid mobile apps with native ones and demonstrates building HTML5 applications with PhoneGap.
Links for January 4th through January 8th