- javagems – Gems for Java programmers; those code fragments copied again and again from one project to another – Java Gems are general purpose utilities for Java. Yes, Java Gems are those simple code snippets copied again and again from one project to another, often from your private project to several work projects, those small things you cannot find in java.util and its subpackages, but you cannot live without them.
- PHP implemented in 100% Java « PHP::Impact ( [str Blog] ) – Quercus allows developers to incorporate Java code into PHP web applications and gives both Java and PHP developers a fast, safe, and powerful alternative to the standard PHP interpreter.
- Electronista | Vista security gutted by new web exploit – IBM Information Security Systems' Mark Dowd and VMware's Alexander Sotirov have found a method that uses scripting systems such as Java and elements of the .NET framework in Windows-based web browsers to arbitrarily run code on Vista systems. Internet Explorer is particularly vulnerable due to its use of ActiveX.
- The Deep End | Paul Venezia | InfoWorld | Some advice for Microsoft: Dump Windows | August 8, 2008 12:15 PM | Paul Venezia – In light of the new Windows flaws announced yesterday, I think it's time to reiterate a point I made a long time ago: It's time for Microsoft to dump Windows.
- Apache News Online: 18 July 2008 – Apache POI 3.5.1 beta Now Available – The Apache POI team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache POI 3.5.1 beta 1, our first release including OOXML (Office Open XML) support. Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and writing OLE2 office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word. With POI 3.5, it also support the new OOXML formats introduced in Office 2007.
- SpringSource Team Blog » Optimising and Tuning Apache Tomcat – On Wednesday I gave a webinar on Optimising and Tuning Apache Tomcat. A recording of the webinar and a copy of the slides can be obtained from the webinars section of the SpringSource website.
- Tech IPOs Return With Rackspace – GigaOM – After a long dry spell, technology initial public offerings took a small step towards a comeback as Rackspace Hosting, a San Antonio, Texas-based company, announced its IPO
- Alfresco opens up SharePoint to Java, Linux, Oracle, and more | The Open Road – The Business and Politics of Open Source by Matt Asay – CNET News.com – .Microsoft requires that you use SharePoint with a 100 percent Microsoft stack. Alfresco allows you to use SharePoint functionality on Java, MySQL, Oracle, BEA, Linux, etc. etc. etc.
- Artima Developer Spotlight Forum – JetBrains Releases First Beta of IDEA 8 – IntelliJ's IDEA has been steadily adding support for working with languages other than Java. The latest release, a beta version of which was posted last week in the company's Early Access Program, is a result of a major refactoring of the IDE's internals
- Google pushing software to low-cost Linux PCs | InfoWorld | News | 2008-08-06 | By Agam Shah, IDG News Service – With an eye for larger adoption of Linux, Google is actively working with open-source developers to integrate its applications in the OS, a Linux developer said on Tuesday.
Daily del.icio.us for August 6th through August 11th