- Relevance Blog : Why I still prefer Prototype to jQuery – jQuery is a very nice piece of work, and makes some common tasks easier than their Prototype equivalents. Where it’s good, it’s very good indeed. But its design is uneven, and its scope is limited. For me, at least, Prototype is still the tool of choice. I think it’s a richer, more thorough, and overall better designed library.
- Microsoft Hardware Windows 7 Support – If your computer is running a beta version of the Windows® 7 operating system, the following information can help you select the correct beta software to download for your Microsoft Hardware product.
- YUI 2 and YUI 3 Source Code Now on GitHub » Yahoo! User Interface Blog – Source for the YUI 2.x codeline and the YUI 3.x codeline have joined YUI Doc on GitHub. YUI has been accepting external contributions since last summer, but the move to GitHub represents a huge step forward in the process. You can now work with the latest source in both of our major codelines
- Funny: Microsoft Attempts To Kill Music Forever With Songsmith Commercial – My ears are shooting streams of blood As I watch this demo play But thanks to Songsmith#039;s magic touch I#039;ll write like Bruce Springsteen
- mockito – simpler better mocking – Mockito is a mocking framework that tastes really well. It lets you write beautiful tests with clean amp; simple API. Mockito doesn#039;t give you hangover because the tests are very readable and they produce clean verification errors.
- Drunk on Software » Blog Archive » Episode 7: Enterprise Flex Applications and Anvil – In this Episode, we chat with Anvil project founder Ryan Knight. Anvil is an Open Source project that was built to help make Enterprise Flex development easier. In addition, it provides a portal environment for running Flex applications
- Ajaxian » Happy Birthday jQuery! v1.3 is Released – Today, the jQuery project turns 3 years old which, considering the churn rate for open source projects, is a monumental achievement. So it makes sense that on the project’s 3rd birthday, the team has announced the release of jQuery v1.3, the latest and greatest release of jQuery which includes the new Sizzle selector engine.
- Drink coffee, see dead people | Breaking News | News.com.au – HEAVY coffee drinkers are more likely to have hallucinations or feel quot;the presence of dead peoplequot;, according to new research.
- QuickFIX/J – Free, Open Source Java FIX engine – QuickFIX/J is a full featured messaging engine for the FIX protocol. It is a 100% Java open source implementation of the popular C++ QuickFIX engine
- Open source trading platform could be a win for Wall Street – As the declining global economy pressures financial institutions to cut costs across the board, open source software could provide a promising path for reducing IT overhead. The Marketcetera Trading Platform, which the developers believe is the first of its kind, aims to offer a cost-effective alternative to building a custom software platform in-house.
Daily del.icio.us for January 13th through January 15th