- The LinkedIn Blog: Grails at LinkedIn – Below is a presentation that my colleagues Alex Vauthey, Borislav Roussev, Jamie Still and I put together for a JavaOne Groovy/Grails Meetup. This presentation tells about our experience using Grails to build our application.
- Raible Designs | LinkedIn’s Engineering Blog – Have you been curious about LinkedIn's architecture or how they're using Grails and Rails? If so, you might be interested in LinkedIn's Engineering Blog. Over the past couple of weeks, a few Engineers have starting writing about our architecture, OpenSoci
- InfoQ: Agile Architecture Is Not Fragile Architecture – Architecture is perceived as a heavy-weight activity which does not fit into an Agile process, so many teams start without it, just to find themselves re-doing the software later because the code structure was not good enough to support maintainability an
- Groovy on Grails : Grails at LinkedIn (Brian Guan) – It’s been more than 6 months since the Grails community learned that LinkedIn , an online network of professional contacts, has been using Grails along with custom made frameworks to power their applications.
- www.hazelcast.com – Hazelcast is a clustering and data distribution platform for Java. – Hazelcast is a clustering and data distribution platform for Java. It currently comes with distributed implementation of java.util.Queue, java.util.Set, java.util.List, java.util.Map and java.util.concurrent.locks.Lock.
- IntelliJ IDEA Blog » Blog Archive » Type Migration Refactoring – In addition to IntelliJ IDEA rich set of refactorings, one of the latest EAPs offers a new one, called Type Migration
- Greg Brown’s Blog: Introducing Pivot – Pivot is an open-source framework for building high-quality, cross-platform applications that are easily deployable both via the web and to the desktop. It began as an R&D effort at VMware and is now being made available to the community as an option for
- Open Source Firm Hires BEA Systems Veteran — SpringSource — InformationWeek – The former head of the BEA Systems WebLogic engineering team, Peter Cooper-Ellis, has joined SpringSource to lead the development and product management of SpringSource Application Platform, the middleware additions to Spring's programmer-assistance, Java
- Using Snort: Part 1: Installation and configuration – Web sites are the most vulnerable, and therefore the most hacked, bits of technology on the Internet. Enter Snort, a free and open source Network Intrusion Prevention System (NIPS) and Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS) tool for managing and preven
- Creating DSLs in Java, Part 1: What is a domain-specific language? – Java World – If you've ever written a makefile or designed a Web page with CSS, you've already encountered a DSL, or domain-specific language. DSLs are small, expressive programming languages custom designed for specific tasks
Daily del.icio.us for June 12th through June 14th