- Easy Automated Snapshot-Style Backups with Rsync – This document describes a method for generating automatic rotating "snapshot"-style backups on a Unix-based system, with specific examples drawn from the author's GNU/Linux experience. Snapshot backups are a feature of some high-end industrial file server
- Flex, Spring and BlazeDS: the full stack! (Part 1) – In this article series, I’ll try to give you a step-by-step process to create an application with Flex/BlazeDS/Spring/Hibernate/MySQL architecture, all of that built with Maven.
- Saki’s Blog » Blog Archive » Simplest 3 Columns Layout with CSS – After experimenting with Designing a 3 columns web page using TableLayout
I have came with the solution that is, IMO, simplest possible:
- Saki’s Ext Examples Page – I have been actively helping on Ext Forums for some time and during this period I have found out that most effective help for members is to give them a well written running example that they can either modify for their purposes or it just gives them an an
- Saki’s Blog » Blog Archive » Writing a Big Application in Ext – I have decided to write this article for those users of Ext 2.x that have already grown up from having one HTML page with embedded script that creates one simple window or form, for those who are already decided that Ext is the way and for those who are f
- behind the times: 10 Best IDEA Inspections You’re Not Using – Let's clarify. By "Best" I mean the ones I like. By "You're Not Using" I mean they aren't enabled by default. By "Inspections" I mean those little code warnings that IDEA gives you which can be configured under Settings (Ctrl+Alt+S) Errors (6).
- A List Apart: Articles: Accessible Data Visualization with Web Standards – There are plenty of options out there for data visualization, too. Google’s recently-announced Charts API is a great example, but there are a number of tools and services for creating charts and graphs as images and for making interactive visualizations
- Introducing Java 6 update 10 – Don't be fooled by its unassuming name: the upcoming Java 6 update 10 is a very different animal than the updates that preceded it. Java 6u10 pushes the envelope by adding more new features and functionality than in any previous Java programming language
- InfoQ: Spring Web Services 1.5 Released – After 6 months of work, Spring Web Services 1.5.0 has been release. Based off contract-first development using SOAP service development, Spring-WS can be manipulated through XML to create document-driven Web services
- Sun Claims Big Leap with MySQL Upgrade Next Week – CIO.com – Business Technology Leadership – Among the advances in 5.1 are partitioning, events scheduling, row-based replication and disk-based clustering. They are fairly standard features already offered by rivals IBM, Oracle and Microsoft, but they should help MySQL compete in environments where
Daily del.icio.us for April 12th through April 13th