- Ext JS Ext.ux.YoutubePlayer – The Ext.ux. YoutubePlayer is a user extension that utilizes the Youtube Chromeless API. You can embed any Youtube video into Ext native controls and place it in your application. It's like a mediaplayer built on top of Ext JS and the Youtube API.
- InfoQ: Real World Web Services – In this presentation, Scott Davis provides a pragmatic, down-to-earth introduction to Web services as used in the real world by public sites, including SOAP-based, REST and POX-style examples. While the buzzword density leaves nothing to be desired, the p
- Microsoft and Sourcesense Partner to Contribute to Open Source, Apache POI to Support Ecma Office Open XML File Formats: Companies to collaborate on the development of open source solutions for the Microsoft Office product suite. – Microsoft and Sourcesense announced that the two companies will collaborate on the strategy, development and deployment of open source solutions for the MS Office. One of the initial goals is contributing to the development of a new version of Apache POI
- Watch Out – Adobe Is Slowly Building an Online Empire – ReadWriteWeb – Adobe seems to "get it" – they know that software is moving online, but they're betting on the co-existence of both online software with their corresponding offline apps, like those built with Adobe AIR
- Brian Alvey: The Audacity of Code – Code in the face of difficulty. Code in the face of uncertainty. The audacity of code!
- GigaOM Interview: Ray Ozzie, Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corp. – GigaOM – Fresh from his Mix’08 keynote, Microsoft’s Chief Software Architect and industry luminary, Ray Ozzie, spent some time on the phone with me, discussing everything from the company’s services strategy, to the economics of cloud computing, to the relev
- Cobra: Java HTML Parser – The all-Java Cobra HTML Toolkit includes a HTML DOM parser that can be used independently of the rendering engine. The following are some of its features: * It implements W3C HTML DOM Level 2 interfaces. It parses "street HTML", can be used in headless mo
- Coding Horror: Is Eeyore Designing Your Software? – I think sometimes programmers forget how much work it is to create software at large companies. What may seem like a no-brainer five line code change to us on the outside is perhaps five man-weeks of work once you factor in all the required process overhe
- Dabblers and Blowhards – As for the mystical connection between painters and programmers, the famous Lloyd Bentsen put-down keeps coming to mind…. You, sir, are no painter. And while you hack away at your terminal, or ride your homemade Segway, we painters and musicians are goi
- Google’s five-year plan to hit Enterprise continues (Cemaphore helps Google out) « Scobleizer — Tech geek blogger – Enterprises will never move wholesale over to Gmail and Google’s other offerings. Users just don’t like that kind of change. There would be revolt at work, if CTOs tried to force it.
Daily del.icio.us for March 26th through March 27th