- Debate Over H1N1 Vaccine? There Shouldn’t Be One – The pandemic flu vaccine is safe, effective, cheap (or free), and necessary. Unless you're allergic to eggs, when it becomes available in your area, make sure you get it, and make especially sure your kids do.
- Atlassian Connector for IntelliJ IDEA updated. Better JIRA filtering and more! – Atlassian Dev Tools Blog – This week we're excited to announce the latest release of the Atlassian Connector for IntelliJ IDEA, which allows you to access JIRA, Bamboo, FishEye and Crucible without leaving your IDE!
- Ext JS Designer Preview Release – We are very excited to share our latest version of the Ext JS Designer. This new version adds many new features to improve your efficiency creating application designs. Once you get accustomed to these features its difficult to live without them.
- A ‘LegUp’ for new Java projects | Richard Wilkinson’s Blog – LegUp is a collection of free, open source (Apache 2 licensed) Maven 2 archetypes, and a web based configuration tool provided by jWeekend. It allows you to choose from different combinations of popular Java technologies (Apache Wicket, Spring, Google Guice, JPA, Hibernate, Warp Persist) to allow you to get up and running quickly and easily
- JIRA 4 – The centre of your development team – JIRA Product Blog – After over 13 months of development, 4 months of beta and nearly 1000 resolved JIRA issues, the biggest release in Atlassian history is finally here: JIRA 4 is now available!
- Wells Fargo Will Raise Credit-Card Rates Ahead of Law (Update2) – Bloomberg.com – STAY CLASSY WELLS FARGO — Wells Fargo & Co. plans to raise interest rates on a majority of credit-card customers by 3 percentage points before federal rules limiting such increases take effect
- InfoQ: Management Strategies For SOA – Mike Kavis wrote an article for the SOA institute, in which he characterizes the success of any SOA implementation into four factors people, process, technology, and business
- Apple Leaving Chamber of Commerce Over Climate Change Stance – washingtonpost.com – Apple Inc. is pulling out of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce because of the chamber's strident criticism of plans to reduce U.S. greenhouse-gas emissions, the computer giant said Monday.
- Building Applications for the iPhone with Flash at Mike Chambers – The next version of Flash Authoring will enable developers to create stand-alone iPhone applications using Flash technologies (including ActionScript 3). These applications are just like any other iPhone application and can be distributed via the Apple iTunes Application store
- The U.S. Is Outsourcing Away Its Competitive Edge – Is the U.S. Killing Its Innovation Machine? – Harvard Business Review – In addition to undermining the ability of the U.S. to manufacture high tech products, the erosion of the industrial commons has seriously damaged the country's ability to invent new ones.
- Op-Ed Columnist – The Wizard of Beck – NYTimes.com – The rise of Beck, Hannity, Bill O’Reilly and the rest has correlated almost perfectly with the decline of the G.O.P. But it’s not because the talk jocks have real power. It’s because they have illusory power, because Republicans hear the media mythology and fall for it every time.
Daily del.icio.us for October 2nd through October 13th