- Bamboo 2.3 is Available – See Elastic Bamboo in Action! – Bamboo 2.3 has just been released and is available for immediate download. This release expands support for scaling your continuous integration (CI) build system into the Amazon EC2 cloud, and makes it easier to manage complex builds as your team's use of CI grows.
- Doctype – Web design Q & A – New Stack-Overflow-style question-and-answer site for web designers, from the makers of Litmus.
- VMware puts squeeze on Red Hat with SpringSource buy | The Open Road – CNET News – Red Hat is, of course, taking a leadership role in virtualization and increasingly cloud computing. But it will need to quickly move beyond its dependence on its operating system business to sell a larger, strategic story or it faces the prospect of being an excellent, limited basic infrastructure vendor.
- InfoQ: Google Wave Preview Opens Up on Sept 30th – What to Expect – With the Google Wave Preview scheduled for public availability on September 30th, Wave API Tech Lead Douwe Osinga has posted on the Wave Google Group about what the team has been working on along with some future directions.
- InfoQ: SOA With Web Services, In Practice – This presentation discusses specific SOA properties that might result in major problems and concrete ways to solve such problems including appropriate decoupling, appropriate processes for dealing with life-cycles and heterogeneous repositories, and pragmatic solutions for interoperability, reliability, and security.
- iBATIS 3 for Java Released (BETA 1) – iBATIS 3 is a complete rewrite from the ground up and thus represents the biggest change since the very first version of iBATIS released in 2002. There are a lot of modern features that take advantage of Java 5. iBATIS 3 includes simplified design and some great new tools for helping you build great database driven applications.
- Original IntelliJ Cast | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – Let’s talk about type casts — those things you hardly can avoid in JVM-based code. Being a helpful IDE, IntelliJ IDEA now does all the casting stuff for you when you are using its code completion in Java and Groovy.
- InfoQ: CouchDB From 10,000 Feet – This presentation takes a look at CouchDB from 10,000 ft. CouchDB is a document oriented database with a highly acclaimed REST API and replication support, that solves problems of high-traffic, distributed peer-to-peer, and offline applications. all at the same time. You will learn to decide when CouchDB is a good fit for your project and when you are better off with a traditional database.
- Easier mocking with Mockito « JTeam Blog / JTeam: Enterprise Java, Open Source, software solutions, Amsterdam – I hope you can see by now why Mockito is a better alternative to EasyMock. At JTeam we’re adopting Mockito in all our new projects. And whenever we have to go back to EasyMock, in the code from earlier projects, we know it was a good move. Happy mocking!
- Microsoft joins HTML 5 standard fray in earnest | Business Tech – CNET News – After leaving much of the creation of a new version of HTML to Apple, Google, Opera, and Mozilla, Microsoft has begun sinking its teeth into the Web standard.
- punypng: making the web more puny, one png at a time | Gracepoint After Five – It’s a free png compression service that intelligently leverages multiple open-source png compression algorithms in the hopes of making the web more puny, one png at a time.
Daily del.icio.us for August 13th through August 16th