- Facebook Turns Off Website Internally To Force Mobile Development – Just how important is mobile to Facebook? According to Facebook product manager Josh Williams, the former CEO of Gowalla, the social network's push toward mobility is crucial enough to its strategy to turn off Facebook's website internally.
- Learn the ropes of Mobile Services with Brent Simmons – Mobile Services makes it easy to store data for your iOS app in the cloud, authenticate users, and send push notifications via APNS. Join Brent in a walkthrough of the basics.
- Microsoft backs away from Flash ban in IE10 | Internet & Media – CNET News – Arguing that support for Adobe's browser plug-in is an advantage, Microsoft now permits Flash by default on Windows 8 and Windows RT. Tablets that can't run Flash are merely "a companion to a PC."
- Stanford Offers Free Introductory Course on iOS Programming – Stanford University is offering a free introductionary course "Coding Together: Developing Apps for iPhone and iPad (Winter 2013)" on iTunes U. All lectures can be downloaded as video podcasts along with slides in PDF format. The material is suitable for O
- Designing A RESTful API That Doesn’t Suck | devo.ps – As we’re getting closer to shipping the first version of devo.ps and we are joined by a few new team members, the team took the time to review the few principles we followed when designing our RESTful JSON API.
- Coding Horror: Why Ruby? – However, I'd also be lying if I didn't mention that I truly believe the sort of project we are building in Discourse does represent most future software. If you squint your eyes a little, I think you can see a future not too far in the distance where .NET
- NoSQL showdown: MongoDB vs. Couchbase | Data Management – InfoWorld – MongoDB edges Couchbase Server with richer querying and indexing options, as well as superior ease of use
- Here’s How Marquette Erased A Six-Point Davidson Lead In The Final Minute And Avoided An Upset – Vander Blue took over in the final moments to lead Marquette past an upset-minded Davidson team today in Lexington, though a brutal blunder on the Wildcats' part sealed their fate as much as the Golden Eagles' suddenly hot shooting.
- I’m done with the web – Don’t be afraid to invest a week learning something new. Cappuccino, GWT, and Sproutcore were born out of necessity; don’t stop breaking boundaries because it’s now easy to add rounded corners now.
Links for March 21st through March 23rd