- Testing Java Code With Confidence – Doug Hiebert discusses the principles and objectives behind automated testing, TDD, Unit and Integration Testing, using asserting and mocking to write tests, and static analysis.
- Open source Java projects: Storm – Parallel realtime computation for unbounded data streams – Storm is a big data framework that is similar to Hadoop but fine-tuned to handle unbounded data streams. In this installment of Open source Java projects, learn how Storm builds on the lessons and success of Hadoop to deliver massive amounts of data in realtime, then dive into Storm's API with a small demonstration app.
- Google Apps revenue: $1 billion over the last year | BGR – Google (GOOG) isn’t just be a consumer tech company anymore. Unnamed sources have told the Wall Street Journal that Google ”generated around $1 billion from the sale of Google Apps and separate mapping software to businesses and governments” over the past year, signifying that Google has made significant progress in its push into the business technology market.
- Android’s Google Now services headed for Chrome, too | Internet & Media – CNET News – The all-purpose alert system isn't just for Android. Google is building Google Now into Chrome as well, taking advantage of its notifications system.
- Gmail for iOS Hybrid implementation – Most of the talk around the web about the new app mentions the new “native” implementation, but as you can clearly see It’s not a fully native app, but a hybrid app with carefully crafted web elements.
- Integration Testing of Spring MVC Applications: REST API, Part Two – This is the fifth part of my spring-test-mvc tutorial and it describes the integration testing of a REST API that is implemented by using Spring MVC. During this tutorial we will continue writing integration tests for a simple REST API that provides CRUD functions for todo entries
- Christmas gift for someone you hate: Windows 8 – Microsoft has had since October 2008 to study Android. It has had since June 2007 to study iPhone. It seems as though they did not figure out what is good about the standard tablet operating systems.
- NBCNews.com video: Apple CEO on challenge of keeping company cutting edge – Steve Jobs’ hand-picked successor, current Apple CEO Tim Cook, talks exclusively to Rock Center Anchor and Managing Editor Brian Williams about Apple’s battle with Samsung, glitches with their maps app, the prospect of Apple TV and the challenge of keeping Apple cutting edge.
- New Release of Micro Cloud Foundry | CloudFoundry.com Blog – Micro Cloud Foundry is a complete version of the Cloud Foundry open PaaS, but it runs in a single virtual machine on a developer’s computer. Micro Cloud Foundry exemplifies how a multi-cloud approach to PaaS can help developers easily develop and test their applications locally and deploy to any Cloud Foundry-based clouds with no code or configuration changes.
- Kindle FreeTime Unlimited includes access to 1000’s of books, games, apps, movies and TV shows, just for kids – Kindle FreeTime Unlimited is the first-ever all-in-one subscription that brings together all the types of content that kids and parents love – books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows. With unlimited access to thousands of hand-picked titles for kids ages 3-8, parents don't have to spend time (and money) guessing what their kids will enjoy, and kids can explore a world of age-appropriate content on their own – no ads, no in-app purchases.
- IntelliJ IDEA 12 is Available for Download | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – IntelliJ IDEA 12 embraces the cutting edge version of the language and provides code assistance for the new syntax, such as lambda expressions, method references and default methods. Now you can try the new features of JDK 8 in your projects.
Links for December 5th through December 12th