- JIRA 4 RC1 – Beta no more – JIRA Product Blog – The JIRA 4 Beta program is now complete. This week we released JIRA 4 Release Candidate 1 which means we're closer than ever to the finish line.
- jrecordbind: JRecordBind – Home – JRecordBind is (AFAIK) the only tool aimed at fixed-length files that's able to marshall and unmarshall. By the way you may be a producer of fixed length files, not just a consumer.
JRecordBind supports hierarchical fixed length files: records of some type that are "sons" of other record types.
JRecordBind uses XML Schema for the definition file: that could make your learning curve steeper.
- SOA patterns – Reservations | SOA Zone – Reservations is a protocol level pattern which that involves Reservation involves exchange of messages between service consumers and services. The next pattern is one of the enablers of such message exchange , it is also a one of the confusing pattern since a lot of commercial offerings which include it include gazillion other capabilities – yes I am talking about the ServiceBus
- Agile Architecture, Lean Principles | Javalobby – If we are able to take a seemingly architecturally significant challenge and make it reversible, then we have effectively minimized the impact and cost of change to a point where change is no longer architecturally significant.
- Java Web services: JAXB and JAX-WS in Axis2 – Apache Axis2 supports a range of data-binding technologies, including the official Java™ standard, JAXB 2.x. Axis2 also supports the Java standard for Web service configuration, JAX-WS 2.x, as an alternative to its own custom configuration technique
- JPA Implementation Patterns: Testing | Javalobby – This week I will discuss various approaches to testing JPA code.The first question to ask is: what code do we want to test? Two kinds of objects are involved when we talk about JPA: domain objects and data access objects (DAO's)
- InfoQ: RESTful Approaches To Financial Systems Integration – RESTful architectures are the subject of this presentation, specifically the way they are particularly attractive in solving many financial services integration problem
- AT&T’s Femtocell Coming Soon – Yahoo! Finance – AT&T’s 3G Microcell is designed to improve wireless signal for both voice calls and data applications in home and small business settings and supports up to 10 3G capable cellular handsets
- iPhone Cycling Applications « – Phone, music, email, cycling computer and GPS tracking all in one device. Pretty slick. However before you trash your pricey cycling computer be aware the iPhone has an Achilles heel as a cycling computer.
- Dive Into Python 3 – Dive Into Python 3 covers Python 3 and its differences from Python 2. Compared to Dive Into Python, it’s about 20% revised and 80% new material. The book is now complete, but feedback is always welcome.
- memcached and Grails, Part 1: Installing and using memcached – Caching is an essential part of any high-volume Web application and memcached is a great caching option. I have personally had a ton of success using it. If you choose to leverage memcached as your caching solution, I am sure you will see just how effective it is.
Daily del.icio.us for September 17th through September 23rd