- Lincoln’s second inaugural address – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation#039;s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan – to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations.
- Cairngorm – Cairngorm – Confluence – Cairngorm is the lightweight micro-architecture for Rich Internet Applications built in Flex or AIR. A collaboration of recognized design patterns, Cairngorm exemplifies and encourages best-practices for RIA development
- Selecting the Right Flex Application Framework | Summa Blog – The Flex community is divided between Adobe’s Cairngorm and Cliff Hall’s PureMVC, with strong arguments from both sides. However, your answer may just lie in the “it depends” space.
This post aims to help you make that decision. It includes analysis of Cairngorm, PureMVC, and the new kid on the block, asfusion’s Mate.
- InfoQ: Pair Programming vs. Code Review – Pair programming and code review are each practices that improve the quality of software, as well as promote knowledge sharing. When the Agile vs. Lean, XP vs. Scrum, and vi vs. Emacs debates get slow, developers have been known to debate the merits of pair programming vs. code review. Theodore Nguyen-Cao described code reviewers as chickens, and paired programmers as pigs.
- InfoQ: Presentation: Kent Beck: Trends in Agile Development – In this presentation, Kent Beck, the father of eXtreme Programming, shows the synergies between business and Agile development. The reason Agile is becoming more popular every day is because it responds to the business needs as they evolve.
- terraza de aravaca: JPA implementations comparison: Hibernate, Toplink Essentials, Openjpa, Eclipselink – This article is a response to the lack of information on the net about the performance differences among the 4 most well known Java Persistence API (JPA) implementations: Toplink Essentials, EclipseLink, Hibernate and OpenJPA
- An Illustrated Guide to Git on Windows – This document is designed to show that using git on Windows is not a difficult process. In this guide, I will create a repository, make several commits, create a branch, merge a branch, search the commit history, push to a remote server, and pull from a remote server. The majority of this will be done using GUI tools.
- Farata Systems » Enterprise Development with Flex – first rough cuts – This groundbreaking book shows Flex developers exactly what’s required to build production-quality Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) for the enterprise. Part of the popular Adobe Developer Library co-published by O’Reilly and Adobe, Enterprise Development with Flex goes well beyond Flex tutorials and product documentation to suggest best practices, compare frameworks and tools, and offer efficient techniques for developing enterprise RIAs
- Choices Narrowed for First U.S. CTO – BusinessWeek – President-elect Obama has two executives in mind for the top technology job, one from Cisco and one from Washington, D.C. Both were born in India
- Welcome to WordPress.tv « Blog « WordPress.tv – To make it easy for you to find up-to-date, WordPress-themed video content within a couple of clicks. Without having to wade through spammy promotional videos, out-of-date content, and missing chunks of presentations
- John Goerzen on Why You Should Learn Haskell – O’Reilly Broadcast – John Goerzen is a co-author of Real World Haskell. In a recent interview with O#039;Reilly, he explained how the book came to be, the special magic which makes Haskell worth learning, and how to change your mindset to make learning possible.
- iFlyz grips your gadgets while uFlyz | Crave – CNET – To use the iFlyz, you attach your phone or media player to the suction cup, clamp it to a seat tray in either the stowed and locked position or unlocked and down position, and adjust the flexible gooseneck to the ideal viewing angle. It works with gadgets including the iPhone, Zune, and iPod.
- Xpress Suite Adds Automatic Java to iPhone Conversion | JAVA Developer’s Journal – Javaground announced a new component of its Xpress Suite allowing developers to automatically generate a native iPhone program from a Java source code.
- Felipe Gaucho’s Blog: Servlet 3.0 Unleashed – The specification of Servlet 3.0 was approved by the Public Review Ballot and it was also endorsed by the Java EE Executive Committee (EC).
Daily del.icio.us for January 15th through January 19th