- Structuring GWT modules for large applications | Summa Blog – The "right" approach to structuring a large-scale GWT application completely depends on the requirements of the project. I hope this post has at least shed some light on a few of the factors that are important to consider
- Give Me Something To Read – A hand-picked selection of the finest articles and essays saved with Instapaper.
- GContracts 1.2.0 Released! | Grails Inside – GContracts, the AST transformation framework enabling programmers to use contracts (aka Design by Contract) in Groovy.
- Doclava: Custom Javadoc Doclet from Google | Java * Scala * Open Source * Felipe Oliveira – Doclava is custom Javadoc Doclet from Google, used by Google Guice (see their slight cooler Javadocs). Doclava uses JSilver as its templating engine, a pure-Java implementation of Clearsilver.
- Collaborating through Streams of Information – Technology Review – JP Rangaswami, chief scientist at Salesforce.com, explains why his company's new tool for collaboration could pave the way for productive game-like interactions in the office.
- Dubai on Empty | Dubai is a cautionary tale about what money can’t buy: a culture of its own – The Gulf is the proof of Carnegie’s warning about wealth: "There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else."
- Dell and Hewlett-Packard: Rebooting their systems | The Economist –
- Democratizing the ESB Market — Application Development Trends – "Camel takes the concept and provides a vocabulary for application integration developers," Walsh told me, "so that they can take what are fairly complex implementations of integration and have a common language and set of templates that allow them to be more productive as they use tools and build out their integration solutions and projects. We've incorporated that into the Talend Integration Factory."
- New XML Standard for Super-Fast, Lightweight Applications Announced by W3C – The Word Wide Web Consortium (W3C), announced official support for a new standardized data format Efficient XML Interchange, or EXI for super-efficient transmission of data.
- Adobe’s Flash-to-HTML5 translator: Smart but not pretty | Application Development – InfoWorld – Adobe's experimental Wallaby tool makes the case for a multiformat Web, but in a hands-on test, it leaves much to be desired
- Software Rants & Other Miscellany: Foursquare, Facebook, Founders, and Passion – The most common way that people talk about the Passion Gap is when they advise you to “start a company that scratches your own itch”. I posit that the underlying logic in that advice is that the best startup you can create is one where you will be constantly engaged in thinking about improving the product, maximizing the user experience, and planning for the future -where you have real passion for making it work.
Daily del.icio.us for March 10th through March 13th