- Microsoft makes gains in server virtualization | InfoWorld | News | 2008-10-17 | By Eric Lai, Computerworld – Bolstered by the June launch of its Hyper-V virtualization software , Microsoft grabbed nearly a quarter of the fast-growing x86 server virtualization market in the second quarter, IDC said Thursday.
- XSLT-based XHTML Markup Sanitizer – O’Reilly Broadcast – I've been meaning to write an XSLT-based XHTML markup sanitizer for a while now and tonight discovered I needed it sooner rather than later
- Obba: A Java Object Handler for Excel. – Obba provides a bridge from Excel sheets to Java classes. With Obba, you can easily build Excel GUIs to Java code. Its main features are:
* Loading of arbitrary jar or class files at runtime through an Excel worksheet function.
* Instantiation of Java objects, storing the object reference under a given object label.
* Invocation of methods on objects referenced by their object handle, storing the handle to the result under a given object label
- SitePen Blog » Dojo Sensei Reader, a Training Application – Nothing beats having a full application in front of you—with code available to read and modify as you learn the ropes—so we built the Dojo Sensei Reader, a rich, powerful RSS reader realized as a single-page web application
- Gunnar Hillert’s Blog: Incorporating reCAPTCHA into your Struts 2 + Spring Application – In addition to that it is a slick CAPCHA implemention as well, that you can incorporate freely into your web applications. There are APIs available for various languages including Java, Ruby and Python
- REST for Java developers, Part 1: It’s about the information, stupid – JavaWorld – Representational State Transfer (REST) is an architectural style for creating, maintaining, retrieving, and deleting resources. REST's information-driven, resource-oriented approach to building Web services can both satisfy your software's users and make your life as a developer easier
- Microsoft starts distributing open-source Drupal | The Open Road – The Business and Politics of Open Source by Matt Asay – CNET News – The single biggest distributor of Drupal just might be Microsoft. As I discovered from Dries Buytaert's blog on Wednesday, Microsoft's Web Application Installer comes with out-of-the-box support for Drupal, OScommerce, and other popular open-source Web applications.
- Microsoft Web Application Installer – The Web Application Installer Beta is designed to help get you up and running with the most widely used Web Applications freely available for your Windows Server. Web AI provides support for popular ASP.Net and PHP Web applications including Graffiti, DotNetNuke, WordPress, Drupal, OSCommerce and more
- Parleys: Writing JPA applications – A video recording of my presentation from SpringOne 2007 is now available online. The presentation covers JPA usage in an application, including API usage, transactional semantics, useful JPQL constructs, and common performance concerns.
Daily del.icio.us for October 16th through October 18th