- Daring Fireball Linked List: Mike Arrington’s Taxes Are Too High – It’s easy to understand why the rich tech elite support Democrats on economic issues. They’re smart enough to wish we could return to an economy like we had under Bill Clinton.
- Java development 2.0: Ultra-lightweight Java web services with Gretty – Gretty is one of a new school of ultra-lightweight frameworks made for building web services. Built on top of the blazingly fast Java™ NIO APIs, Gretty leverages Groovy as a domain-specific language for web endpoints and Grape's Maven-style dependency management. In this article, get started with using Gretty to build and deploy Java web service applications.
- Twitter Bootstrap is a toolkit from Twitter designed to kickstart development of webapps and sites – Bootstrap is a toolkit from Twitter designed to kickstart development of webapps and sites. It includes base CSS and HTML for typography, forms, buttons, tables, grids, navigation, and more.
- David Kaneda: Sencha Touch & jQTouch | Unmatched Style – While at our ConvergeSE 2011 conference David Kaneda (@davidkaneda) and pepper him with questions about Sencha and what he did with jQTouch.
- I’m a phony. Are you? – Scott Hanselman – I love this effect – "The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to recognize their mistakes." 🙂
- High Scalability – Paper: The Akamai Network – 61,000 servers, 1,000 networks, 70 countries – Comprising more than 61,000 servers located across nearly 1,000 networks in 70 countries worldwide, the Akamai platform delivers hundreds of billions of Internet interactions daily, helping thousands of enterprises boost the performance and reliability of their Internet applications
- spin.js – An animated CSS3 loading spinner with VML fallback for IE. – An animated CSS3 loading spinner with VML fallback for IE.
- How I Scrapped MySQL for MongoDB in Three Hours – I can tell you that Spring+Annotations and MongoDB brings the joy back to Java web development again
- HTML5 Rocks – How Browsers Work: Behind the Scenes of Modern Web Browsers – How Browsers Work:Behind the Scenes of Modern Web Browsers
- Homebrew — MacPorts driving you to drink? Try Homebrew! – Homebrew is the easiest and most flexible way to install the UNIX tools Apple didn't include with OS X.
Links for August 16th through August 20th