- Some of Tomorrow’s Best Gadgets – There's some pretty sweet gear at this year's CES: tablets galore, smart cameras, cool phones, audiophile pr0n. Woot! This little trade show might have a future! Check out some of our favorites.
- Verizon iPhone to Debut With Unlimited Data Plan | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD – Sources close to Verizon tell me the carrier will offer the iPhone with an unlimited data plan (presumably the same $30 unlimited plan they offer for other smartphones)
- Could this be the year we get to ditch the cable box? — Engadget – TiVo, Google and Microsoft's approach seems more sound because they each attempt to aggregate all the sources into a single universally searchable interface
- How relevant will Analyst Firms like Gartner (with its MQ) and Forrester be in the next 10 years? – Quora – If I want to go spend $10 on a burrito in my neighborhood, I can find a restaurant with 585 Yelp reviews.
If I want to spend $10m on a piece of enterprise software, I spend $5K on a report written by a single analyst a year ago?
There has to be a better way
- Do We Need a Yelp for the Enterprise? – Last month Gartner released its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service and Web Hosting. The report positioned AT&T, Rackspace, Savvis, Terremark and Verizon as the leaders
- Green Beans: Getting Started with Spring in your Service Tier | SpringSource Team Blog – This post will introduce developers to the options available in the Spring framework for building a better service tier
- 10 Productivity Enhancing CSS and CSS3 Tools and Generators | CreativeFan – With the advent of CSS3, there are also now some CSS3 tools and also some CSS3 generators that can create gradients for you, as well as provide WYSIWYG visuals
- New Gadgets at C.E.S. – Slide Show – NYTimes.com – Motorola, which has fought its way back into the cellphone market, is now taking on Apple’s iPad with the Xoom tablet. It uses the newest version of Google’s Android operating system, called Honeycomb, which is designed to make it easier to interact with a touch-screen tablet.
- Effective Clustered Indexes – This article will present all the attributes that I believe make up an efficient clustered index key
- Gartner raises IT spending forecast for 2011 | ZDNet – Gartner on Thursday said it raised its global IT spending forecast to $3.6 trillion in 2011, up 5.1 percent from 2010. Gartner’s previous outlook called for IT spending growth of 3.5 percent for 2011.
- Daring Fireball: Uniformity vs. Individuality in Mac UI Design – The new Twitter for Mac is somewhat polarizing, what with its almost entirely custom UI
Daily del.icio.us for January 7th through January 9th