- When Is Grabbing the Face Mask Not a Face-Mask Penalty? – To some, the picture speaks 1,000 words and four of them are: the Packers were robbed. The image of Cardinals cornerback Michael Adams with his index finger hooked on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers’s face mask was captured far and wide, sparking the question of whether it was a penalty and why it did not negate the fumble
- The best of the best and the worst of the worst of 2010 CES – I’ve been watching Twitter for the best of CES lists, and since I went last week I’ve got my own
- The Smart Phone for your Home Ooma Blog – New additions to the product and services lineup include Ooma Pure Voice™, High Definition Voice, mobile phone calling with the iPhone or iPod touch, Bluetooth support, Google Voice Extensions and voicemail transcription
- AppleInsider | Google Nexus One vs Apple iPhone 3GS – Google has taken the fate of its Android smartphone platform into its own hands by promoting and directly marketing HTC's latest new Android phone under its own brand. How does the new "superphone" stack up to last summer's iPhone 3GS?
- Book: Succeeding With Agile Tales from a Trading Desk – Mike’s Succeeding With Agile book should be a must read of everyone on an agile project. It reminds us of what is required to make an agile project successful
- Pro JPA 2 (Book review) » Java User Group Münster – Mike Keith and Merrick Schincariol authored a book which focuses on JPA 2, the Java persistence API which is now included in the Java EE 6 specification
- A Good 12 Minutes, NetBeans 6.8 Editor Screencast : Adam Bien’s Weblog – This screencast presents some NetBeans 6.8 editor features. Especially the beginning is interesting and comes with some non-obvious stuff. The mouse, however, was used too much. Sometimes even the keyboard
- The Best of CES – Ces – Gizmodo – CES week meant one thing: Absolute gadget overload. Here's the best of Gizmodo's dispatches from gadget hell, all in one place
- Iomega v.Clone App Portable-izes Your Entire PC – Iomega v.clone – Gizmodo – v.Clone is essentially a portable installation of VMWare, meaning that you can plug your v.Clone-loaded Iomega portable HDD into most any Windows computer, run the app, and boot into your saved virtual machine. The secret, though, lies in what you're booting into—namely, a perfect copy of your main PC
- Thoughts on what an Apple tablet should be – or not :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Andy Ihnatko – I’ll stand outside the Apple campus in a trenchcoat holding a boombox over my head, playing a Peter Gabriel song up at the upper windows until Steve Jobs is so touched by this romantic gesture that he sends me away with an engineering sample.
Daily del.icio.us for January 9th through January 11th