- When Patents Attack! | This American Life – We take you inside this war, and tell the fascinating story of how an idea enshrined in the US constitution to promote progress and innovation, is now being used to do the opposite
- InfoQ: Kanban System Design – Karl Scotland on Kanban as a way of creating a model improving a business’ capability to meet its purpose based on systems thinking, workflow, visualization, work in process, cadence, and learning.
- InfoQ: NoSQL @ Netflix – Siddharth “Sid” Anand explains the technical details behind the move from Oracle used inside their data center to SimpleDB and S3 in the cloud, and from there to Cassandra.
- InfoQ: Craft and Software Engineering – Glenn Vanderburg believes that software engineering and craftsmanship are not mutually exclusive, and there is synergy between them, explaining how to combine them in the software development process.
- InfoQ: The Diary of a REST “Convert” – The conversation about SOA is a conversation about architecture – everything that we’ve talked about over the past decade applies just as equally when the Services are implemented using REST or Web Services on top of any protocol, infrastructure, or data schema.
- GWT Mobile is a cross-platform mobile development tool using Google Web Toolkit – GWT Mobile is a cross-platform mobile development tool using Google Web Toolkit technology. It provides a set of UI widgets optimized for mobile devices, a ORM module to persist objects to the browser database, and a wrapper to access PhoneGap functions from GWT
- TeleHash / JSON + UDP + DHT = Freedom – A new wire protocol enabling applications to connect directly in a real-time and fully distributed manner, freeing them from relying on centralized datacenters
- NoSQL is What? | Jeremy Zawodny’s blog – I found myself reading NoSQL is a Premature Optimization a few minutes ago and threw up in my mouth a little. That article is so far off base that I’m not even sure where to start, so I guess I’ll go in order.
Links for July 25th through July 29th