- Gbridge Does Simple but Secure File Sharing, Syncing, and VNC – Gbridge is a free software that lets you sync folders, share files, chat and VNC securely and easily. It extends Google's gtalk service to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that connects your computers and your close friends' computers directly and securely. Gbridge has many unique features.
- Space4J – Java Persistence – Space4J is a simple database system that will let you work with Java Collections in memory. Instead of having to perform a SQL SELECT to fetch a User from a database table, you can just access the users map (java.util.Map) and call users.get(id). With Space4J, all your data is kept in memory inside the JVM. There is no need for an extra database application
- VMware Sees the Open Source Threat | OStatic – With Microsoft and Sun (along with Linux players) bundling virtualization with their server software, and ongoing improvements in open source virtualization offerings such as Xen, I've predicted before and I now predict more than ever that VMware has to radically change its business model.
- Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach | Javalobby – This wonderful book, Spring Recipes, covers in a very decent way Spring 2.5 from basic to advanced and in many cases some compatible configurations for 1.x, scalable. It is a way to learn each chapter throught the book, 19 well-organized chapters that cover the most important topics in the J2EE world with Spring, and of course, Spring core itself
- DimeCasts.Net Details for # 46 – Setting up Continuous Integration for your Application with Team City – In this episode we will walk you though how setup and manage a Continuous Integration system using Team City for your application.
You will get a guided tour on the various steps needed to get your CI enviornment up and running in no time flat.
- InfoQ: Mockito 1.5 spies on plain objects – Mockito is a mocking framework for Java. It's very similar to EasyMock and jMock, but eliminates the need for expectations by verifying what has been called after execution. Other mocking libraries require you to record expectations before execution, which tends to result in ugly setup code
- McCain’s Scapegoat – WSJ.com – In a crisis, voters want steady, calm leadership, not easy, misleading answers that will do nothing to help. Mr. McCain is sounding like a candidate searching for a political foil rather than a genuine solution. He'll never beat Mr. Obama by running as an angry populist like Al Gore, circa 2000
- Java Parallel Processing Framework Home Page – JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
- JPPF, grid computing platform for Java, releases version 1.5 – JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution by orders of magnitude. Write once, deploy once, execute everywhere!
- Cisco buys into corporate IM | Business Tech – CNET News – On Friday, the networking giant Cisco announced it will purchase Jabber, which uses an open-source IM and presence protocol used by Google Talk and Gizmo
Daily del.icio.us for September 19th through September 21st