- InfoQ: Setting out for Service Component Architecture – SCA is an enhancement to frameworks that offer programming models for components and connectivity abstractions. Those frameworks may be standard offerings, but may also be proprietary technologies, such Remote Function Calls (RFC), SQL stored proc etc.
- Eric Traut talks (and demos) Windows 7 and MinWin – istartedsomething – Microsoft?s distinguished engineer Eric Traut gave a presentation at the University of Illinois about Microsoft?s virtualization technology and also mentioned Windows 7 – the next version of Windows after Vista
- Cairngorm:Cairngorm2.2.1:Release Notes – Adobe Labs – The Cairngorm Microarchitecture is a lightweight yet prescriptive framework for rich Internet application (RIA) development.
- Alfresco Makes Leading Java Implementation JLAN Shared File Drive Interface Available via GPL – Alfresco JLAN is a unique implementation of an embedded virtual file system that offers the only Java client and server implementation of Microsoft Window?s CIFS protocol, allowing content, and rows in a database to appear as a shared drive.
- 1-800-GOOG-411 – Google’s new 411 service is free, fast and easy to use. Give it a try now and see how simple it is to find and connect with local businesses for fre
- Adopting Struts 2.0 – Java World – Struts 2.0 carries much of the power of its predecessor but is simpler for developers to use. In this article, S. Sangeetha and S. V. Subrahmanya outline the changes in Struts 2.0 and offer migration pointers for developers familiar with Struts
- Improve Your Photos 60 Seconds at a Time – If you are tired of reading long explanations and confused by tricky photo techniques, here you can have it short and sweet. Arranged by topics, each subject takes less than 60 seconds to read.
- InfoQ: IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 Adds Spring/Hibernate Support, Eclipse Interoperability, and Maven Integration – Jetbrains has released IntelliJ IDEA 7.0. This version rounds out support for many popular Java technologies while adding support for languages such as Groovy and Ruby. Among its highlights: Spring and Hibernate Support, Ruby/Rails Support, Groovy/Grails
- IntelliJ IDEA Blog » Blog Archive » IntelliJ IDEA: The Magnificent Seven – JetBrains is proud and happy to tell you that IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 is now available! This release is focused on further upgrading performance, usability, and enhancing the user experience with the efficient support for new features, technologies, and tools.