- Molly | The open source mobile portal – Molly is a framework for the rapid development of information and service portals targeted at mobile internet devices
- From DocVerse to Cloud Connect: Shan Sinha reflects on year one at Google | Technology | Los Angeles Times – Google is banking that its Cloud Connect software, which allows users to sync Microsoft Office documents with its own Google Docs suite, will be a major part of its moves to own the enterprise space.
- VMWare Cloud Foundry – Quick Analysis and Press Pass – On the meta-level, the almost complete focus on developers highlights how operations obsessed much of the recent (private) cloud talk has been. It’s almost as if the rhetoric of this Cloud Foundry announcement is implicitly saying: all that doesn’t really matter to developers, they don’t care about those “legacy” corporate IT concerns
- Message to Executives: Stop Multitasking – NYTimes.com – Always on, multitasking work environments are killing productivity, dampening creativity, and making us unhappy
- Orchestrated ALM: The Secret to Developing "Killer Apps" — Enterprise Systems – Orchestrated ALM is based on the idea of creating open lines of communication between everyone involved in the application life cycle. The goal is to help software developers work more effectively and reduce the challenges of siloed project teams working with multiple development tools and methodologies.
- InfoQ: Failures and Successes with Reuse – Herbjörn Wilhelmsen discusses the reasons why an SOA project failed while trying to reuse existing resources, and how it succeeded later starting from the same business case with reuse in mind.
- InfoQ: Using Spring with NoSQL Databases – Mark Pollack and Chris Richardson discuss NoSQL, exemplifying with Redis, Cassandra and MongoDB, and Spring Data, a project meant to provide a unified programming model for accessing NoSQL DBs.
Daily del.icio.us for April 22nd through April 24th