- InfoQ: Panel: Hadoop for the Enterprise Architect – Peter Sirota, Amr Awadallah, Eric Baldeschwieler, Ted Dunning, Guy Bayes, and moderator Ron Bodkin discuss various existing Hadoop use cases, ecosystems, and disaster recovery.
- InfoQ: Cloud Foundry Boot Camp – Dave McCrory explains how Cloud Foundry works, demoing setting up and running an application on it and Micro Cloud Foundry, and using the services available in VMware’s cloud.
- This page is a brief introduction to NoSQL offering a set of definitions of the NoSQL term and NoSQL databases, explaining the reasons behind NoSQL databases. – This page is a brief introduction to NoSQL offering a set of definitions of the NoSQL term and NoSQL databases, explaining the reasons behind NoSQL databases.
- InfoQ: Java in the Cloud – PaaS Platform in Comparison – Eberhard Wolff introduces Cloud Computing, IaaS/PaaS, comparing the Java support provided by Google GAE, Amazon Beanstalk, VMware Cloud Foundry, and Cloud Bees.
- Man Survives Steve Ballmer’s Flying Chair To Build ’21st Century Linux’ | Wired Enterprise | Wired.com –
- Dell Linux Engineers work over 5000 bugs with Red Hat | domsch.com blog – This is a testament to the hard work Dell puts into ensuring Linux "Just Works" on our servers, straight out of the box, with few to no extra driver disks or post-install updates needed to make your server fully functional.
- Windows Phone 8 OS will be based on e4 (SWT QT port) and next Visual Studio 11 release will be based on Eclipse 4.2. – Microsoft officials will never confirm this, but think – why should Microsoft open a new Visual Studio development lab in Zürich and hire Erich Gamma? Now it's pretty obvious.
- Refreshing caches in ehcache (@meyersdc) – Ehcache has a way to change this behaviour called decorators. And ehcache spring annotations provide some with annotations.
- Upwardly Mobile – Compare the cost of living and average salaries between areas across the country – Upwardly Mobile lets you find out where in the country it's best to live by comparing various types of salary, living and employment data and ranking it based on your preferences. Now go ahead, start moving up!
- Chrome Multitask Mode – funny stuff for April 1st. – Chrome Multitask Mode lets you browse the web with multiple cursors at the same time, so you can get more done, faster. Welcome to the ambinavigation revolution.
- 16 Linux Server Monitoring Commands You Really Nee… – Input Output – Want to know what's really going on with your server? Then you need to know these essential commands. Once you've mastered them, you'll be well on your way to being an expert Linux system administrator.
- How to rock out with JRebel and Google Web Toolkit (GWT) | zeroturnaround.com – The goal of using JRebel with GWT is to eliminate server restart/browser refresh when you change some parts of the code. That includes Java code (of course) and also JSNI functions, all sorts of generated classes (i18n, templates etc).
Links for March 30th through April 4th