- Spring 3.1 Caching and @Cacheable | Javalobby – The Guys at Spring have now devised a simple to use caching system based around a couple of annotations: @Cacheable and @CacheEvict. The idea of the @Cacheable annotation is that you use it to mark the method return values that will be stored in the cache.
- Java Tutorials: ‘At First Sight’ With Closures in Java – In this tutorial we have got familiar with the concept of Functional Interfaces and Java Closure; Understood the Java Lambda Expression syntax, the Method Reference and the Constructor Reference. Also, we wrote our First Lambda Expressions Program with other 'Hello World' examples.
- Elon Musk, the 21st Century Industrialist – Businessweek – Musk says he’s on target to get a spacecraft to the red planet in 10 to 15 years, perhaps with him on board. “I would like to die on Mars,” he says. “Just not on impact.”
- Dropbox dives into CoffeeScript – Dropbox now writes all new browser-side code in CoffeeScript, and we’ve been loving it. We’ve already written several thousand new lines of coffee since launching in July.
- Gallery of free HTML snippets for Twitter Bootstrap. | Bootsnipp.com – Bootsnipp is an element gallery for web designers and web developers, anybody who is using Twitter Bootstrap will find this website essential in their craft.
- pdf.js is an HTML5 technology experiment that builds a PDF renderer without native code – pdf.js is an HTML5 technology experiment that explores building a faithful and efficient Portable Document Format (PDF) renderer without native code assistance.
- Java: Spring Framework Round Table Discussion | Javalobby – This presentation and discussion is about Reducing XML problems when combining XML with Java; specifically with the Spring Framework.
- j2objc – A Java to iOS Objective-C translation tool and runtime. – J2ObjC is an open-source command-line tool from Google that translates Java code to Objective-C for the iOS (iPhone/iPad) platform. This tool enables Java code to be part of an iOS application's build, as no editing of the generated files is necessary. The goal is to write an app's non-UI code (such as data access, or application logic) in Java, which is then shared by web apps (using GWT), Android apps, and iOS apps.
- Nootropics – The Facts About "Smart Drugs" – While the idea of enhancing ones intelligence through the equivalent of taking your daily vitamins seems shocking to some, it is a definite possibility for those inclined to try to reach their full potential.
- Taking a look at the new Sencha SOAP Data Proxy | Blog | Sencha – The addition of the SOAP proxy makes it easy to connect your data stores to a whole new set of data. All of the options are there, so you can connect to existing SOAP services or new ones being built.
Links for September 12th through September 15th