- Amazon Web Services Developer Community : Oracle WebLogic Server 10g Release 3 – 64 Bit – This AMI comes with Oracle Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 2 and Oracle WebLogic Server 10gR3 software pre-installed and configured for the 64 Bit platform.
- Amazon’s New Service Goes Postal Over Slow Broadband – Werner Vogels, Amazon’s CTO, explains in a blog posting that it would take up to 13 days to sling a terabyte of data across a 10 Mbps network, which is pretty darn slow. So Amazon is offering customers the chance to store their data on an external device, ship it via post, and Amazon will load it into S3.
- Skype Gets the Oprah Treatment – Digits – WSJ – Will Skype get an Oprah boost? The software already has more than 400 million registered users around the world, although it is more popular in parts of Asia and Europe than Winfrey’s home territory in the U.S.
- Daring Fireball: The Next iPhone – A next-generation iPhone to be released in July, with roughly double the CPU horsepower and an improved video-capable camera, with 16 and 32 GB storage capacities.
- Fresh Update: IntelliJ IDEA 8.1.2 | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – We have just released a fresh IntellIJ IDEA update — 8.1.2
- Amazon Web Services Blog: New Features for Amazon EC2: Elastic Load Balancing, Auto Scaling, and Amazon CloudWatch – Amazon CloudWatch tracks and stores a number of per-instance performance metrics including CPU load, Disk I/O rates, and Network I/O rates. The metrics are rolled-up at one minute intervals and are retained for two weeks
- Corner Office – Meetings, Version 2.0, at Microsoft – Question – NYTimes.com – This interview of Steven A. Ballmer, the chief executive of Microsoft, was conducted and condensed by Adam Bryant.
- Wanted: One Mobile Device, for a 24/7 Life – In order to make this happen, targeted re-engineering of mobile devices and device management technologies is essential.
- Left Right Left Right Left by Coldplay | Uncrate – As a gift to their fans, Coldplay is giving away its new live album Left Right Left Right Left. With a track listing that includes "Clocks," "Viva La Vida," and "Fix You," it's a strong effort on its own, but as a free download, it's a no-brainer.
- Ext JS – Ext JS 3.0 – Remoting for Everyone – Ext.Direct aims to solve this issue for developers creating Ext JS applications by providing a single communication point with the server-side.
Tag Archives: coldplay
Daily del.icio.us for December 2nd through December 6th
- Enterprise Java Community: Pondering About JSR-135, the New Servlet 3.0 Specification – Now there is a new specification coming, Servlet 3.0 (JSR-315). The Early Draft of this specification features some new really neat features, and in my opinion some mistakes. In this article I'm going to show the new additions to the EOD (ease of development), comment on them, and try to improve them
- InfoQ: Manager’s Introduction to Test-Driven Development – Dave Nicolette and Karl Scotland try to introduce non-technical managers to one of the most popular Agile development techniques: Test-Driven Development (TDD). The presentation intends to be a primer for managers who want to understand the value of TDD, and of Agile in general, in software development.
- Jean-Francois Arcand’s Blog: Writing a Twitter like application using Grizzly Comet part 1: The Servlet – Jean-Francois Arcand illustrates how to use the Grizzly Comet implementation and create a similar twitter like application in 150 lines of Java code.
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Wireless turns iPod into a phone – A freeware application for the iPod Touch can turn the music player into a virtual mobile phone. Truphone uses wi-fi technology in an iPod Touch to allow users to make calls to other iPod Touch owners and Google Talk's messaging service users
- Did Coldplay rip off Joe Satriani? | PopWatch Blog | EW.com – Coldplay have been called many things, but Joe Satriani wannabes? That's a new one, and it's apparently what the chrome-domed axe man himself is claiming in a new lawsuit. Satriani accuses Coldplay of ganking the riff from his 2004 instrumental "If I Could Fly" for their hit single "Viva La Vida.
- Project Deploy* | Choose, Bookmark, Deploy – Deploy* is a free, open source, web application which allows user to quickly deploy a web project framework with valid XHTML and CSS in only a matter of seconds.
- InfoQ: IronRuby moves to Github – Microsoft recently announced they had moved their IronRuby project to GitHub. The announcement, like many projects these days, shows the project moving from its current Subversion repository to a Git repository located on Github
- Around the World in 116 Beers | Sloshspot Blog – Beer is by far the most popular beverage in the universe. Well, at least in the world. Have you ever wondered what countries produced beer, and what the most popular domestically produced beers were in these countries?
- JDbMonitor – Monitor JDBC Performance For Slow SQL Queries – JDbMonitor is a tool to monitor & analyse database performance for any Java application.
Easily determine your application's database performance and analyse problems down to specific SQL statement.
- Flex Developer’s Toolbox : Free Components, Themes and Tutorials | Noupe – In today’s post we provide you with some essential Flex resources – Flex components, Flex Skins & Themes, Online Flex Apps, Flex Frameworks and Flex Tutorials.
…I came along, I wrote a song for you!
Coldplay was the musical guest on tonight’s episode of Saturday Night Live and they were amazing as usual. They played 3 songs and it looked like they were going into a 4th song as the show ended and the credits started to roll. They performed Viva La Vida, Lost and Yellow on the show and I hope those live performances show up on YouTube or Hulu in the next few hours.
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
Coldplay – Lost
Coldplay – Yellow
The Best Album of 2005
X&Y by Coldplay
The hyperbole around Coldplay’s latest offering is just incredible. There are people calling them the biggest band in the world and comparing them to super groups like U2 and others. I don’t about any of that but this has to be the best album of the year.
X&Y is an absolutely brilliant album that is bound to be an instant classic. I am so hooked to this album that I haven’t stopped listening to this album since the very first day of it’s release on iTunes. All of the songs are incredibly melodic, catchy and bound to be instant classics. The first single, Square One is a great song but it’s just the beginning, as what follows it even gets better. Chris Martin is just an incredible songwriter and the other members of the band are great musicians.
I read a review where the reviewer called the music on this album as ‘silent screaming’ and I think that’s is really an apt description. The album just has a huge wall of sound that’s really loud without sounding like Metallica. This is a loud, rocking album with incredible guitar work that is bound to have you hooked from the first listen.