- Google exec worries over ‘rudderless’ Java – open source, licensing, Java, Google, apache – PC World – The Java platform has "appeared rudderless for the last few years," said Google's chief Java architect, Josh Bloch, speaking Wednesday at the Red Hat Middleware 2020 virtual conference. "A malaise [has fallen] over the community and the end is not in sight."
- Google to Open-source VP8 for HTML5 Video – While an open-source VP8 could end concerns about H.264’s licensing issues and Theora’s quality, questions still remain about whether Google can provide a video standard on which everyone can agree
- Surprise, Surprise: Opera Mini iPhone App Gets Apple’s Stamp Of Approval – Good news for Opera (and its legions of fans around the world): the company has just announced that its mobile browser Opera Mini has been approved for iPhone and iPod touch on the App Store.
- PBS | About PBS | NEW RESEARCH CONFIRMS PBS THE MOST TRUSTED AND UNBIASED SOURCE FOR NEWS – The American people have named PBS the most trusted and unbiased institution among nationally known organizations, the most trusted source of news and public affairs1 among broadcast and cable sources,1 and the most educational media brand for children ages 2-82 according to new national polls.
- Please do not change your password – The Boston Globe – “Most security advice simply offers a poor cost-benefit trade-off to users,” wrote its author, Cormac Herley, a principal researcher for Microsoft Research.
- Java 1.7 – What’s new? Release date, code examples and performance – I have been reading quite a lot about Java 1.7. I have decided to regroup all I have discovered in this article so that I and maybe you, won't have to spend hours surfing the web to find all this information
- The Busy Java Developer’s Guide to Functional Java – Functional programming is definitely a different mindset. It seems to solve a good number of problems that we attempt to address using tactics like the Strategy pattern in normal OO Java
- .NET Java Interop Solutions; Grasshopper – The Visual Studio 2008, 2005 Plugin – At Mainsoft, we believe the fastest route for Visual Studio® developers to deploy applications on open systems is to extend existing .NET development skills to the Java™ EE platform
- Ajaxian » So all this is done in HTML5 by the way – The Web is so special as it isn’t owned by a single vendor. This means that this kind of crap can’t happen. One company can’t change the rules in one fell swoop. There isn’t that one company that can become misaligned with the interests of certain developers and Do Bad Things.
- gxtforms – Library for automating GXT forms generation – GXT Forms provides utility code to autogenerate GWT/GXT forms based on annotated Java Beans. This library is intended to complement the GXT library, making form generation and data binding just a bit easier.
Daily del.icio.us for April 8th through April 13th