- Researchers find possible solution for insulin dependence in type 1 diabetes – In what some are calling a potential cure for type 1 diabetes, researchers from UT Southwestern Medical Center have found that suppressing a single hormone may make the condition completely asymptomatic and eliminate the need for insulin injections.
- Amazon Web Services Blog: Rack and the Beanstalk – In this post we start to think out of the box, and show you how to run any Rack based Ruby application (including Rails and Sinatra) on the Elastic Beanstalk platform
- Raghuram Rajan: Why Did Most Economists Not Foresee the Crisis? – At the height of the financial crisis, the Queen of England asked my friends at the London School of Economics a simple question, but one for which there is no easy answer: Why did academic economists fail to foresee the crisis?
- Fishbone: A GWT and Google App Engine Blog: Tutorial: A GWT application for storing and serving images using the GAE Blobstore –
- Exposing a POJO as a JMX MBean easily with Spring « The Holy Java – Exposing a POJO as a MBean with Spring is easy, just don’t forget to start an MBean server and a connector. For JMXMP, include the jmxmp impl. jar on the classpath and for RMI make sure to start a RMI registry before the connector.
- Help.GitHub – Working with SSH key passphrases – This guide will step you through the process of securing your ssh keys while avoiding re-entry of your passphrase every time you use the key
- What is the single most effective thing you did to improve your programming skills? – Stack Overflow – What is the most effective thing you have done that improved your programming skills? What would you recommend to others that want to improve?
- HoneyApps Conduit – Vulnerability Management – HoneyApps Conduit consolidates all of your security vulnerability information, reporting and management into a single place. Conduit connects a number of automated vulnerability scanning solutions from web application, host, network and database vulnerability assessment tools and centralizes your company’s vulnerability data and reporting functions
- Contracts for Java – Google Open Source Blog – Contracts for Java is our new open source tool. Preconditions, postconditions, and invariants are added as Java boolean expressions inside annotations. By default these do nothing, but enabled via a JVM argument, they’re checked at runtime.
- minuteproject – MinuteProject is reverse-engineering tool – MinuteProject is reverse-engineering tool. It generate application stacks in technos: spring, hibernate, jpa, ibatis, FitNesse, VAADIN, OpenXava, Roo, Grails, Playframework
Daily del.icio.us for February 5th through February 7th