- InfoQ: Domain Driven Design and Development In Practice – Domain Driven Design (DDD) is about mapping business domain concepts into software artifacts. Most of the writings and articles on this topic have been based on Eric Evans' book "Domain Driven Design", covering the domain modeling and design aspects mainl
- InfoQ: Rod Johnson Discusses Spring, OSGi, Tomcat and the Future of Enterprise Java – Rod Johnson discusses the Spring Portfolio, the Oracle/BEA and Sun/MySQL acquisitions, Java EE 6, Tomcat and Spring, Spring Dynamic Modules, the future of enterprise Java, the benefits of OSGi for application developers, the Covalent acquisition and Sprin
- Who’s Going To Be The Web’s Tim Russert? – Silicon Alley Insider – Tim Russert's death consumed a significant amount of my attention this weekend. I was saddened because I really liked him personally, even though only knew him via his work at NBC. More important, a big part of the reason I liked him, is that he educated
- Sekhar Vajjhala’s Blog: Migrating WebLogic’s JSP SimpleTag example to GlassFish – As I outlined in Migrate to GlassFish acitivities , I am migrating samples from different application servers to GlassFish to illustrate migration to GlassFish. Here, I selected the WebLogic's "JSP SimpleTag" sample to migrate to GlassFish.
- Using CSS to Fix Anything: 20+ Common Bugs and Fixes – Not only because your layout varies between browsers, but also because CSS has a lot of ways to position every element you have. Today we wanted to share with you some quick tips on how to avoid easy pitfalls when creating your CSS layout.
- Quick Introduction To Agile Software Development – Enterprise Java Software Developer Station – Prerana Patil gives us a rapid overview of the core ideas of Agile Software Development. The article talks of the features of agile, when to adopt it and when not to. It then goes on to describe the agile process and the steps involved in adopting agile i
- Head On » Blog Archive » A Few Tips For Giving a Presentation on Lean – So, you are about to give a lecture on lean software development? Here are a few tips:
- InfoQ: Presentation: The Design and Architecture of InfoQ – InfoQ.com is a web app/portal implementation combining portal technology (JSR 170) and web development (WebWork, Spring, AspectJ). In this presentation, Alexandru Popescu and Floyd Marinescu walks through the good, the bad, and the ugly of building InfoQ.
- Seth’s Blog: Email checklist – Before you hit send on that next email, perhaps you should run down this list, just to be sure:
- Datawocky: Why the World Needs a New Database System – The LAMP stack, with MySQL as the base, has transformed and democratized web application development. In a similar vein, I expect that we will see the emergence of a stack that democratizes large-scale data analytics applications. Aster Data could well be
- Datawocky: India’s SMS GupShup Has 3x The Usage Of Twitter And No Downtime – Then I read this TechCrunch post on the Twitter usage numbers and sympathy turned to bafflement – because I'm intimately familiar with SMS Gupshup, a startup in India that boasts usage numbers much, much higher than Twitter's, but has scaled without a gli
Daily del.icio.us for June 15th through June 17th