- Op-Ed Columnist – Cheney Lost to Bush – NYTimes.com – But the bottom line is that Obama has taken a series of moderate and time-tested policy compromises. He has preserved and reformed them intelligently. He has fit them into a persuasive framework. By doing that, he has not made us less safe. He has made us more secure.
- Google Bets Big on HTML 5: News from Google I/O – O’Reilly Radar – If you're like me, you had no idea there was so much HTML 5 already in play. When I checked in with my editors at O'Reilly, the general consensus was that HTML 5 isn't going to be ready till 2010.
- Dwyane Wade, hours before declaring for the NBA Draft. – Those are the words we used to describe Dwyane Wade just months before the 2003 NBA Draft. Wade’s gone through a lot since his triple-double in the NCAA Elite Eight, but you can bet he’s still the same guy—bringing the entire package both on and off the court
- Maia EAP is finally here | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – We’ve been blogging about the cool new features implemented in the EAP builds of Maia (IntelliJ IDEA 9) for a while, and now at last you can download and try the new build for yourself.
- Atlassian Developer Blog – Introducing the Atlassian Plugin Exchange – I'm excited today to announce the availability of Atlassian's newest website, the Atlassian Plugin Exchange. The Plugin Exchange provides an easy way to find, download, and review plugins for all Atlassian products.
- New Red Hat Rules Tool Ties Java Developers to Business Users — Application Development Trends – Red Hat yesterday released a new business rules platform that the company said will make it easier for Java developers and business users alike to build policies and processes into their applications.
- Held hostage by the health system – The Boston Globe – The reason our health system is in such trouble is that it is set up to generate profits, not to provide care. We rely on hundreds of investor-owned insurance companies that profit by refusing coverage to high-risk patients and limiting services to others
- Uploading a file with Flex and Java | Adobe Developer Connection – This article shows how to develop a Flex and Java file upload mechanism for attaching images to an employee list. In the process, it demonstrates Flex's ECMAScript for XML (E4X) language extension, custom components, classes, and events, as well as a Java-like properties file
- Flex 3 Video Tutorial: Webservice Create, Update and Delete (CRUD) | 19Nates – This video series shows you how to create, update and delete records in a SQL database through a .NET webservice and have that displayed in Flex through a datagrid. I also have a little form on there. Watch the overview video to learn more
- Google App Engine Support | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – If you are developing a Java application for Google App Engine, try Google App Engine Integration plugin for IntelliJ IDEA. It will be bundled with the first Maia EAP, but you can download it right now and use with IntelliJ IDEA 8.x
Daily del.icio.us for May 24th through May 27th