- Dynamic, typesafe queries in JPA 2.0 – A query for persistent Java™ objects is typesafe if a compiler can verify it for syntactic correctness. Version 2.0 of the Java Persistence API (JPA) introduces the Criteria API, which brings the power of typesafe queries to Java applications for the first time and provides a mechanism for constructing queries dynamically at run tim
- Build better Web applications with Google Sitebricks – Sitebricks is a lightweight framework that provides versatile tools for rapidly creating Web applications. It extends the Guice philosophy to the Web. Best of all, Sitebricks is still a young framework. You'll want to keep an eye on upcoming features and on the ecosystem developing around Sitebricks
- Getting Started with JAX-WS Web Services – NetBeans IDE 6.5/6.7/6.8 Tutorial – This tutorial demonstrates the basics of using the NetBeans IDE to develop a JAX-WS web service. After you create the web service, you write three different web service clients that use the web service over a network.
- Gears API Blog: Hello HTML5 – If you've wondered why there haven't been many Gears releases or posts on the Gears blog lately, it's because we've shifted our effort towards bringing all of the Gears capabilities into web standards like HTML5
- Spring Framework 3.0.1 released | SpringSource Team Blog – After two months of incorporating valuable feedback, it is my pleasure to announce the first Spring 3.0 maintenance release – addressing more than 170 reported issues
- RIM Unveils WebKit Internet Browser to Compete With IPhone – BusinessWeek – The WebKit browser will be available on BlackBerrys this year, Lazaridis said in an interview yesterday, declining to be more specific.
- Book of Vaadin – vaadin.com – Book of Vaadin is a comprehensive documentation of Vaadin. It shows how to get started, gives a good overview of the features and tutors you through advanced aspects of the framework.
- Google AppEngine, Vaadin, Spring, a Match Not Made in Heaven – Vaadin is an incredible powerful framework that solves many of the front-end difficulties developers have to deal with.
- Writing a URL Shortner in Java Struts2 & Hibernate.Create URL Shortner Struts2/Hibernate | ViralPatel.net – This is an attempt to create a simple URL shortner service in pure JEE with Struts2 and Hibernate
Daily del.icio.us for February 18th through February 21st