- Spring-Data-Rest – expose JPA based repositories as RESTful endpoints. – spring-data-rest, a recent addition to the spring-data project, is a framework that helps you expose your entities directly as RESTful webservice endpoints
- Hadoop 2.0 Makes Big Data Even More Accessible – The new major-version release of Apache Hadoop will enable apps to directly connect to stored data.
- Really? Java developers love writing non-Java – What language do Java developers love to write in? The results of a survey of 100 Java developers may surprise you
- 10 Ways To Make Evernote Rock Harder – Accessories and add-ons that make note-taking easier and way more useful than you might have ever thought.
- Inside GitHub’s Super-Lean Management Strategy – And How It Drives Innovation – Using a DIY management strategy pulled from the open-source world, GitHub has built a product that coders everywhere love. But can it actually work anywhere else?
- Open-source Libraries from our Java Web Stack – Palomino Labs Blog – A while ago, I wrote about how to set up Guice, Jetty, Jersey, and Jackson and then how to calculate metrics about Jersey resource methods. We’ve subsequently open sourced some libraries to make it easy to use these (and other) techniques.
- PhoneGap Explained in 5 Minutes – PhoneGap allows you to create cross-platform mobile apps using web technologies. It is not a tool for converting websites into apps. While it is easier for web developers to build mobile apps with PhoneGap than to develop them using native tools, it is not turnkey or simple
- Unit Testing Best Practices in AngularJS – What should I be testing and when should I be writing tests? A frontend development article by Andy Shora
- How exercise boosts brain health – Research has shown that exercise is good for the brain. Now investigators have identified a molecule called irisin that is produced in the brain during endurance exercise and has neuroprotective effects.
Links for October 14th through October 20th