- Firefox 3 for developers – MDC – If you're a developer trying to get a handle on all the new features in Firefox 3, this is the perfect place to start. This article provides a list of the new articles covering features added to Firefox 3
- InfoQ: Is Google Gears Positioned to Add Features to the Web? – There is no doubt that Rich Internet Applications remain a major battleground for the industry along with and complementary to Ad-based revenue models and cloud-computing. Will Gears take a similar path as Flash and become as much adopted by Web sites and
- Official Google Blog: At long last, real-time stock quotes are here – We're very excited to tell you that real-time quotes on NASDAQ securities are now available on Google Finance. This is an important (and way overdue) development for everyone who consumes financial information.
- InfoQ: Erlang – software for a concurrent world – How do you program a multicore computer? Easy – do it in Erlang. Erlang is a concurrent functional programming language designed for programming fault-tolerant systems. With share-nothing semantics and pure message passing, Erlang programs scales on multi
- Design Stencils – Yahoo! Design Pattern Library – Yahoo! Design Stencil Kit version 1.0 is available for OmniGraffle, Visio (XML), Adobe Illustrator (PDF and SVG), and Adobe Photoshop (PNG), and covers the following topics:
- DBSight: Instant Scalable Full-text database search platform/engine – Instead of weeks or even months to develop a full-text search for your data, if you know how to use DBSight, you can easily create the full-text search literally in minutes.
- Brain Freeze » Storing JasperReports in a database using iBATIS and Oracle 10g – This article shows how I solved the file system issue by storing JasperReports report definitions in a database. I’ll assume familiarity with the iBATIS “ORM” database framework since I am not showing a full iBATIS setup here.
- JetBrains’ Dmitry Jemerov on IntelliJ 8, Flex, and Scala – Dmitry Jemerov is a lead developer on JetBrains' IntelliJ IDEA. In this wide-ranging interview with Artima, Jemerov discusses the main focus areas for the upcoming IntelliJ 8 release, as well as his views on IntelliJ's support for Flex and Scala.
- » HOW TO: Use JDBC Batching for 7-8X throughput gains – Using the batched statement capability of your JDBC driver can give you 7-8X throughput gains. Not only is batching significantly faster, it’ll save database CPU cycles and be easier on the network, too
- Why Java? Because it’s everywhere. – The value of this enterprise capabilities is still very high, and in my opinion, it is one of the most important differentiators of Java. Once you know how to deal with it, it saves you lots of time in development and production.
- Roku’s Netflix Player sells out | Tech news blog – CNET News.com – There's more proof that the Netflix Player is a hit. Start-up Roku, the company behind the device that enables Netflix subscribers to watch movies streamed from the Internet to their TVs, has run out of inventory two weeks after launching.
- InfoQ: Exadel’s Flamingo Project for Rapid Flex and Java Development – Exadel’s Flamingo project is a tool for bootstrapping RIA applications built with Java backends. The tool offers support for both Seam and Spring in the middle tier. On the presentation tier, Flamingo supports both Flex and JavaFX
Daily del.icio.us for June 1st through June 4th