- Three kinds of big data – O’Reilly Radar – Looking ahead at big data's role in enterprise business intelligence, civil engineering, and customer relationship optimization.
- Parallels 8 Brings Tighter Integration Between OS X and Windows – Parallels 8 throws the gauntlet in a major way, offering closer integration between OS X and Windows than I’ve ever seen in a virtual machine environment. The team pulled out all of the stops to make using Windows apps and even entire desktops a seamless and pleasant experience on any Mac, including the new Retina MacBook Pro.
- Why I’m choosing CouchDB – Couch has several features that appealed to me. First, it’s a pure json document store. This means that all documents are json, and they can have any number of fields, and you can add new fields to an existing document at any time. There’s no schema and thus no migrations to manage.
- What 10gen nailed with MongoDB by Calvin French-Owen – When my co-founders and I first started on our startup a little over a year ago, we asked other startups about what to database they were using. Nine out of ten people all had the same response: “Just go with Mongo.”
- Airbrake collects errors generated by other applications, and aggregates the results for review. – Airbrake collects errors generated by other applications, and aggregates the results for review.
- Scalable Internet Architectures – Theo Schlossnagle presents several architectural design principles useful for building scalable systems starting from the networking up to the application layer.
- Broken Markets – How High Frequency Trading and Predatory Practices on Wall Street are Destroying Investor Confidence – Broken Markets – How High Frequency Trading and Predatory Practices on Wall Street are Destroying Investor Confidence
- 6 home truths about rock star developers | Application Development – InfoWorld – You want the best and the brightest money can buy. Or do you? In fact, you're better served by a group of developers with mixed skill levels who focus on getting the job done
- John Davies on the Financial Industry, Standards Based Messaging, Integration – John Davies talks about standards based messaging and integration in the finance business, the future of payment systems and mobile payment, and much more.
- Jetty 9 – it’s coming! – Development on Jetty-9 has been chugging along for quite some time now and it looks like we’ll start releasing milestones in around the end of September
- PonyDebugger: Remote Debugging Tools for Native iOS Apps – PonyDebugger is a remote debugging toolset that operates as a client library and gateway server combination using Chrome Developer Tools on a web browser to debug an application’s network traffic and data store.
Links for August 30th through September 1st