- Fresh Update: IntelliJ IDEA 8.1 | JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA Blog – Fresh news, everyone! Hope you share our point of view on new features: there’s simply never enough of them. And performance: you can always get more of it. This is why we’re happy to tell you that IntelliJ IDEA 8.1 is just released. It’s been a really short time since we aired version 8, but thanks to working six days a week without lunch breaks we managed to deliver you this bunch of improvements:
- Brett Favre tells New York Jets he is retiring – ESPN – Without the tearful public ceremony that accompanied his retirement announcement from the Green Bay Packers just 11 months ago, quarterback Brett Favre has told the New York Jets he is retiring.
- Scobleizer — Tech geek blogger » Blog Archive Chris Pirillo is wrong about best pocket video cameras « – The Flip is the best because it is the best designed and smallest. It is — in talking with my friends — the most likely to end up in their pocket. A camera carried is a camera that is used and a camera that is used, even if it has slightly lower quality that some other camera, is one that’s better.
- Enterprise Java Community: Java EE 6 Overview – The details of Java EE 6 have been getting hashed out for quite a few months in the JSR 316 expert group, which I am part of. The goal of this article is to give you an overview of the changes in Java EE 6 as well as encourage your feedback
- TeamPostgreSQL released, showcases Google Web Toolkit – Webworks S.A. just released TeamPostgreSQL, their web administration and team platform for the PostgreSQL database.
A JEE web application with a rich AJAX client, the application serves as a showcase of what GWT can deliver in this arena, featuring a complex yet highly dynamic, customizable user interface and fast service invocations that are immediately reflected on the client.
- FinancialStability.gov – On Tuesday, February 10th, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner outlined a comprehensive plan to restore stability to our financial system. In the address, Secretary Geithner discussed the Obama Administration’s strategy to strengthen our economy by getting credit flowing again to families and businesses, while imposing new measures and conditions to strengthen accountability, oversight and transparency in how taxpayer dollars are spent
- 1440 Wall Street: Desperation Time for America as Geithner Lays an Egg – It would appear Timothy Geithner#039;s plan to save the world is reaching an impasse – what is going on behind closed doors in Washington?
- InfoQ: A Message Type Architecture for SOA – One key aspect of SOA Governance that is often overlooked is how Data Governance can complement SOA Governance. Even though they both have very different objectives, they both share a set of metadata often called the “Enterprise Data Model”
- Every Swear Word on Every Episode of the Sopranos, Ever, in Chronological Order. (video) – Boing Boing – A fun, weird little experiment by director Victor Solomon. quot;I#039;ve been chopping away at it for a year, here and there between other jobs,quot; he explains.
I was laughing for the first 30 seconds, then kinda hypnotized, then just creeped out, and still couldn#039;t stop watching. Simple and brilliant.
- DynamicJasper :: Making Jasper Reports dynamic – DynamicJasper (DJ) is an open source free library that hides the complexity of Jasper Reports, it helps developers to save time when designing simple/medium complexity reports generating the layout of the report elements automatically.
Daily del.icio.us for February 10th through February 11th