- A Unix Utility You Should Know About: Netcat – good coders code, great reuse – Netcat is often referred to as a “Swiss Army knife” utility, and for a good reason. Just like the multi-function usefulness of the venerable Swiss Army pocket knife, netcat’s functionality is as helpful. Some of its features include port scanning, transferring files, port listening and it can be used a backdoor
- 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know – The Book [97 Things] : Near-Time – The following are the 97 axioms selected for the book, 97 Things Every Software Architect Should Know, which will be published by O#039;Reilly Media in early 2009. The contents are now being edited for publishing – you can see them here. All edits will be contributed back to the 97 Things web site on this page
- IntelliJ IDEA :: New Features – This release brings you a noticeably faster IDE. We’ve reworked its engine to boost the overall performance, improved the file indexing for better processing of external changes (e.g. updates from VCS) and optimized the compiler caches to significantly reduce the compilation time
- What Microsoft Can Learn About Retail from Apple and Best Buy | Robert Scoble’s innovator’s and geeks’ blog | Fast Company – Now that Microsoft has decided to open up its own retail stores, they need some help from all of us in building a great retail experience
- Microsoft and Red Hat team up on patent-free interoperability | The Open Road – CNET News – Today both Red Hat and Microsoft lowered their guns long enough for customers to win. They did so without encumbering interoperability with patents, which will be critical to ensuring that Microsoft can lower its guard further to welcoming open-source solutions to the Windows fold as a full partner.
- Microsoft Recite : Announcement – Microsoft Recite – Technology Preview – Microsoft Recite is a search technology for your voice that runs on Windows Mobile* devices. With Microsoft Recite, you can use your voice to easily store, search and retrieve the things you want to remember, where and when you need them.
- » Computer Repair Utility Kit – Technibble – A Resource for Computer Repair Technicians to get PC tech support help. – For those of you who don’t know, the Computer Repair Utility Kit is a combination of computer repair tools in one easy to use pack. The Computer Repair Utility Kit allows you to run all of the repair tools from your portable drive (eg. USB Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, IPod etc.) and comes with an easy to use, right-click menu.
- Fresh Espresso: Java Architecture Management – To break a dependency cycle you can should introduce an interface; this reverses the dependency. It is that simple. This lead to the observation that quot;good codequot; can be recognized using certain metrics (see also a white paper by Robert Martin. Good code should have a certain ration of abstractness (classes vs interfaces), and if more code depends on your code, you will likely need more interfaces
- U.S. foreclosure image is 2008 World Press Photo of the Year – The international jury of the 52nd annual World Press Photo Contest have selected a black-and-white image by American photographer Anthony Suau as World Press Photo of the Year 2008 it was announced on February 13, 2009. The picture shows an armed officer of the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department moving through a home in Cleveland, Ohio, following eviction as a result of mortgage foreclosure. The winning photograph, taken in March 2008, is part of a story commissioned by Time magazine
- Saki’s Ext Examples Page – Complex Data Binding – This example shows how to implement component communication using data binding. The data is kept in records in grid store. When a cell is clicked, the underlying record is bound to both show panel and form.
Changes made in the grid are automatically reflected in both Show Panel and Form, changes in Form are updated in both Grid and Show Panel – data is changed in one place, the record, in fact.
Daily del.icio.us for February 13th through February 17th